Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2019 4:42:48 PM EDT
Are there restrictions on the possession of pistols by non residents in MD?  I'm going to be flying out of and into Baltimore and want a pistol for the trip, but the transportation laws seem...convoluted.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve flown out of Baltimore with both handgun and long rifle.  Just have to have it in a locked case, unloaded, no rounds in the magazines.  For a handgun, I usually take either a G26 or a Tomcat in a small pelican with two magazines and ammo in an ammo box (all in the same case).  I use two small locks (not long shank locks), and put the case in my luggage.  Declare it the counter, they give you a form to fill out, put it in the case, lock it up, they take you to the TSA scanner, and off you go.

Baltimore, for being in a commie state, is easier than Seattle.  DCA is just a easy, as it should be.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve flown out of Baltimore with both handgun and long rifle.  Just have to have it in a locked case, unloaded, no rounds in the magazines.  For a handgun, I usually take either a G26 or a Tomcat in a small pelican with two magazines and ammo in an ammo box (all in the same case).  I use two small locks (not long shank locks), and put the case in my luggage.  Declare it the counter, they give you a form to fill out, put it in the case, lock it up, they take you to the TSA scanner, and off you go.

Baltimore, for being in a commie state, is easier than Seattle.  DCA is just a easy, as it should be.
View Quote
Do you have an MD permit?  I'm not an MD resident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top