Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2021 2:53:21 PM EDT
I typically buy my brother guns for gifts. The last few have been rifles, so it’s easy to just buy it, wrap it and surprise. When I was still in Oregon, I would send him pistols that he would have tondo the FFL stuff on, plus pistol registration.

I want to buy a pair of matching pistols for us.

What is the easiest way to transfer these, ideally without ruining the surprise?  Also, while saving the extra cost of doing a second transfer fee.  

Ideas?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I typically buy my brother guns for gifts. The last few have been rifles, so it’s easy to just buy it, wrap it and surprise. When I was still in Oregon, I would send him pistols that he would have tondo the FFL stuff on, plus pistol registration.

I want to buy a pair of matching pistols for us.

What is the easiest way to transfer these, ideally without ruining the surprise?  Also, while saving the extra cost of doing a second transfer fee.  

Ideas?
View Quote
You buy them and register both of them in your name with your local PD.

When you decide to gift them to him it depends on whether he has a CPL or not.

If no CPL he has to get a purchase permit from his local PD and then you transfer it to him as the seller.  (Form RI-010, IIRC)

If he has a CPL you fill out Form RI-060 and sign it as the seller.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
This is correct for Michigan.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, asked and answered  
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You buy them and register both of them in your name with your local PD.

When you decide to gift them to him it depends on whether he has a CPL or not.

If no CPL he has to get a purchase permit from his local PD and then you transfer it to him as the seller.  (Form RI-010, IIRC)

If he has a CPL you fill our Form RI-060 and sign it as the seller.
View Quote

We both have CPL’s.

I’ll go this route then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top