Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2022 1:12:50 PM EDT

And directly from the NYSRPA website: See their suggestion here.

Pistol Permit Holders of NYS, below is a sample letter for you to forward to your pistol permit issuing officer

FR: Your Name
Street address
City State & Zip Code

Pistol License Permit 123132134

To: Pistol Permit Officer
Issuing Authority
Street Address
City, State, Zip Code

Re: United States Supreme Court Decision regarding Concealed Carry Permit

The Supreme Court ruled on June 23, 2022 that NYS’s century old practice of ‘may issue’ regarding full-carry pistol licenses is unconstitutional. This Supreme Court ruling is effective immediately, QUOTE, “It is so ordered.”

Will the (COUNTY OF RESIDENCE) immediately consider all pistol licenses issued as full-carry pistol licenses? Can I request to the (County of Residence) Pistol License Section to remove the unconstitutional restriction of ‘TARGET’ from my current Target pistol license?

I look forward to and am waiting for your response or my concealed permit.

Thank you,
[YOUR NAME GOES HERE]

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:44:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fighter443] [#1]
Awesome.

I'll also CC the county executive.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Overly complicated
The judge hasn't been under a rock, they're aware of the ruling
Just write a simple letter asking for the administrative over stamp to be removed and leave it at that.
No need to justify why.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: batjka104] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Overly complicated
Just write a simple letter asking for the administrative over stamp to be removed and leave it at that.
No need to justify why.
View Quote

I don't think we need to even do that. Restrictions are unconstitutional and therefore are void. No need over stamp. Why waste time and $10?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By batjka104:

I don't think we need to even do that. Restrictions are unconstitutional and therefore are void. No need over stamp. Why waste time and $10?
View Quote
Grounds for another lawsuit?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Think about it. What is a penalty for carrying against restrictions? Issuing judge can possibly revoke your permit for not following his restrictions. But restrictions are unconstitutional. So they cannot penalize you for not following something that's unlawful. It's like punishing someone for not stealing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Because the media has been pushing the message that permit holders with administrative over stamps should not expect to just start carrying everywhere. I'm sure that at least some of the issuing judges who relied on administrative over stamps are going to make things difficult for permit holders
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: batjka104] [#7]

Because the media has been pushing the message that permit holders with administrative over stamps should not expect to just start carrying everywhere. I'm sure that at least some of the issuing judges who relied on administrative over stamps are going to make things difficult for permit holders
View Quote

While I understand the sentiment, what would be judicial bases for "making things difficult"? The restrictions are administrative, not criminal. And have been deemed unconstitutional. I have a carry permit. What can they come up with? Now, premises permit holders are another matter...
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Update.

Spoke to WC Clerk. Restricted permit holders need to file an amendment to change to full carry. Stupid and wasteful, but I guess I'll do it. Let's see how long it will take.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Overly complicated
No need to justify why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Overly complicated
No need to justify why.

Copy and paste is not too complicated.  It is quite simple as they wrote it.  I am going to send it in this way.

Originally Posted By fighter443:

Grounds for another lawsuit?

Very good point.  Another lawsuit.  

I may not be the named one in a SCOTUS suit, but they may need to release the numbers of how many permit holders requested a clean CCW.

I am not concerned with what the media pushes, however I am looking to do it correctly and get it in before the flood of requests.

Bill
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Think about it. What is a penalty for carrying against restrictions? Issuing judge can possibly revoke your permit for not following his restrictions. But restrictions are unconstitutional. So they cannot penalize you for not following something that's unlawful. It's like punishing someone for not stealing.
View Quote

Don't forget the part of the SAFE act that requires ALL guns to be confiscated if your permit is revoked for any reason.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BenC:

Don't forget the part of the SAFE act that requires ALL guns to be confiscated if your permit is revoked for any reason.
View Quote

Right. But they now cannot revoke your permit for carrying outside of restrictions as restrictions are unconstitutional.

Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#12]
License restrictions do not exist in the penal code.  They came about by judicial fiat in a lawsuit in the late 90s which basically said the authority to determine "proper cause" also granted the licensing agents the authority to place time & place restrictions on a license.  SCOTUS nuked "proper cause".  In my non-lawyer opinion restrictions are unenforceable.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Right. But they now cannot revoke your permit for carrying outside of restrictions as restrictions are unconstitutional.

View Quote

Be careful.  Criminal judges could say a restricted license is just that, which now doesn’t exist, and thus you have no license, and must apply for an unrestricted license.  They have their idea of the law on their side, and there are zero ramifications for violating the Constitution.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I fear it is going to be a long and bumpy road in NY until this gets sorted out.  Let's be careful out there!
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 5:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bill3rail] [#15]
Originally Posted By Abom:

Be careful.  Criminal judges could say a restricted license is just that, which now doesn’t exist, and thus you have no license, and must apply for an unrestricted license.  They have their idea of the law on their side, and there are zero ramifications for violating the Constitution.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abom:

True, the kangaroo courts will do what they please, as they are fully aware 90% of us could never fight them due to the time needed and the financial burden.

Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
I fear it is going to be a long and bumpy road in NY until this gets sorted out.  Let's be careful out there!

Hence the reason I started this thread, we need to start somewhere.  If we sit on our asses and expect the information to come to us it will never arrive!

The letter above is from the source, NYSRPA.  

Bill
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I should have mailed the letter yesterday but it will go out with tomorrow's mail pickup.

And for good measure I added in a FOIL exemption request.  I do not want any extremists looking up my information and visiting me.

Information retrieved from: Nassau County Pistol Licensing HERE.

Form can be obtained HERE

(*) NYS Firearms Request for Public Exemption (*)

(*)  If you have not already submitted a NYS Firearms License Request for Public Exemption form and you do NOT want to make your Pistol License information made available publicly, you can download the form by clicking on the link above.  After completing and signing the form, mail the completed form to:

Nassau County Police Department
Pistol License Section
1490 Franklin Avenue
Mineola, NY  11501
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Evil fucking cunt.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#19]
They admit they are doing this knowing full well everything will be challenged in court. My question is, who are these "experts" they consulted who said all of this is constitutional in light of Bruen. Plain reading of opinion does not seem to agree with the "experts". Hopefully there are injunctions against all these bills pending court decisions. I seriously doubt it though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tahawus:

Evil fucking cunt.
View Quote

Such deserved and just words have never been more accurate!
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm one the deplorables who have had a full CD permit from the get go!
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I've had a full carry originally issued in Putnam Co. since 1979 which is now reduced to worthless status.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 3:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bill3rail] [#23]
Originally Posted By DancingBear:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DancingBear:

Originally Posted By Bushman_269:
I've had a full carry originally issued in Putnam Co. since 1979 which is now reduced to worthless status.

Obviously, you two are not the problem, but this is the problem with this state!

Random rules issued by each county!

Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top