Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2019 8:31:57 AM EDT
Anybody had a muzzle device pin and welded at any of the shops in Albuquerque? What shop, is it a clean weld, post a pic if you can please? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a pin and weld done by the Caliber's on Cutler. The work could've been better. To the gunsmith's credit he told me it was something he'd never done before but I wanted it done fast instead of shipping it out. This was three years ago so maybe he's gotten better.

Link Posted: 10/26/2019 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I charge $45
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I charge $45
View Quote
@99HMC4 do you work at a shop in town or just do it on your own? Do you have some pictures of your work you can send me?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been working from my home for the last 10 years. Pictures? I’m sure I do somewhere. I typically just let my reputation do the talking. I’ve owned Barry Arms and Armament for years. I’ll try and find pictures..
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’ve been working from my home for the last 10 years. Pictures? I’m sure I do somewhere. I typically just let my reputation do the talking. I’ve owned Barry Arms and Armament for years. I’ll try and find pictures..
View Quote
Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had a pin and weld done by the Caliber's on Cutler. The work could've been better. To the gunsmith's credit he told me it was something he'd never done before but I wanted it done fast instead of shipping it out. This was three years ago so maybe he's gotten better.

https://i.imgur.com/6UBzbfr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f3QjnHR.jpg
View Quote
WOW!

How the hell did he screw that up?  Drill a hole, add a pin, touch it with a mig or tig for 1/2 second, done.

Looks like he forgot the shielding gas, but it would have been easy to grind it and reweld it, instead of letting that mess out the door.

OP,
I have seen 99HMC4's work, and would use him for a pin&weld, and far more complex gunsmithing jobs too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 10:10:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP,
I have seen 99HMC4's work, and would use him for a pin&weld, and far more complex gunsmithing jobs too.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply and the assurance of 99HMC4’s capabilities.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is you right?

https://m.facebook.com/barryarmsfflsot/
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This is you right?

https://m.facebook.com/barryarmsfflsot/
View Quote
Yep, that’s my old page. Armament and Armament coatings are the current pages. Also armamentusa.com is me. I can’t find and pictures, I don’t really take pictures anymore. I do a simple 1/8” pin and a TIG weld, not MIG weld over the pin.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, that’s my old page. Armament and Armament coatings are the current pages. Also armamentusa.com is me. I can’t find and pictures, I don’t really take pictures anymore. I do a simple 1/8” pin and a TIG weld, not MIG weld over the pin.
View Quote
@99HMC4 - Thanks for trying to find some pictures of your work.  I'll give you a holler when I decide what route I'm gonna go with this.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Just wanted to circle back to give props to @99HMC4. Good guy to deal with and talk to...and does some pretty damn good work. I recommend him without hesitation.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome, thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top