Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2022 2:11:08 AM EDT
Can anyone point me to a gunsmith in the Austin area who can pin and weld a muzzle break on a 14.5" barrel on an AR15?  Thank you in advance for your response.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anyone point me to a gunsmith in the Austin area who can pin and weld a muzzle break on a 14.5" barrel on an AR15?  Thank you in advance for your response.
View Quote

Either Tim Smith (https://www.timsmith-gunsmithllc.com/?m=1) or Guns+ in Georgetown.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
doesnt capital armory do this?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No need to weld it, just loctite/rocksett it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Blackjack Gunsmithing on Pond Springs Road does excellent work.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I had one done there and it was terrible.  Buddy had one done at Guns+ in Georgetown (while he waited) and it came out pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I had one done there and it was terrible.  Buddy had one done at Guns+ in Georgetown (while he waited) and it came out pretty good.
View Quote

What was the issue with the one you had done at Blackjack?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Had a Surefire flashider so it comes with a thick washer and thin washers to time.  It was timed and tightened correctly.  I picked it up and the thicker washer was missing, flash hider was a bit off and they just zapped it with a mig, slightly catching the barrel.  I can't say for sure but that barrel ended up shooting very bad.  Had a consistent flyer almost off the paper at 100 yards.  I don't know if that was due to the pin/weld job or not but I had to cut my losses.  I ended up drilling out the weld and tossing the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top