Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2017 1:08:27 PM EDT
Can anybody vouch for somebody in Anchorage who can pin and weld an extended flash hider? It's the BCM flash hider that already has the hole drilled.

Decided to build a 10.5" upper for my SBR lower which left my 14.5" Colt M4 upper lonely and I have an extra lower so, hey, another rifle!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to call Precision Arms in the morning. If you have any objections, please let me know! I just want to make sure whoever I take it to does it to the BATF's specifications. I don't want to accidentally end up in Club Pen when I already have a bunch of NFA stuff
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Avoid Wild West Guns. When I gave them mine they pinned/ welded my BCM Comp and it looked great... but they placed my gas block on backwards. Ugh!
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a shop close to the Dimond Mall that is in a little strip mall with a Dominos Pizza and a rub and tug place
Can't remember the name of it, but everything I have heard is the guy does quality work
View Quote
Alaska Custom Firearms. Steve.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Alaska Custom Firearms. Steve.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll give Steve a call.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a shop close to the Dimond Mall that is in a little strip mall with a Dominos Pizza and a rub and tug place
Can't remember the name of it, but everything I have heard is the guy does quality work
View Quote
You talking about the gun shop or the rub and tug place?

I know, not GD but couldn't help with how you wrote it!

Guys at work always said Steve at Alaska Custom Firearms did good work for what they had done.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to revive an old thread but I wanted to follow up. I finally had this done by Steve @ Alaska Custom Firearms and am very pleased. The weld is far superior to all the others I've seen on the internet. I'll certainly be going to him and his son-in-law (I believe) for future gun smithing stuff.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#8]
How much do they charge for the pin and weld?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#9]
It was about $60, my BCM flash hider came pre-drilled.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
@MrRecon do you know if they’ll assemble a complete upper? Their website only talks about doing traditional gunsmithing work nothing about AR services.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@MrRecon do you know if they’ll assemble a complete upper? Their website only talks about doing traditional gunsmithing work nothing about AR services.
View Quote
They have a large shop, I'm sure they have the ability but I'm not positive if they do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top