Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2020 10:13:43 PM EDT
We all know that Levine is an asshole, but picketing someone's house is illegal in Virginia. (Va. Code 18.2 - 419)

Channel 4 (NBC) in DC had a news story about some gun-rights guy picketing Levine's house while carrying what looked like an AR.

The guy also posted something online, giving out Levine's address, and calling on gun owners to picket the house.

The news report said that Alexandria Police are looking at charging the guy with doxxing Levine, which is apparently illegal in Virginia.

At this point I don't know if the guiy will be charged with picketing the house.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
not sure charges would stick, given the facts.

it was indeed the same guy who walked around old town at the farmers market,

this time he was carrying a saiga or veper 12 type shotgun not an ar-15

I'm torn on how i feel about this honestly. but would prefer to keep my opinion to PMs
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
18.2-419. Picketing or disrupting tranquility of home.Any person who shall engage in picketing before or about the residence or dwelling place of any individual, or who shall assemble with another person or persons in a manner which disrupts or threatens to disrupt any individual's right to tranquility in his home, shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. Each day on which a violation of this section occurs shall constitute a separate offense.

Nothing herein shall be deemed to prohibit (1) the picketing in any lawful manner, during a labor dispute, of the place of employment involved in such labor dispute; (2) the picketing in any lawful manner of a construction site; or (3) the holding of a meeting or assembly on any premises commonly used for the discussion of subjects of general public interest.

Notwithstanding the penalties herein provided, any court of general equity jurisdiction may enjoin conduct, or threatened conduct, proscribed by this article, and may in any such proceeding award damages, including punitive damages, against the persons found guilty of actions made unlawful by this section.

Doesn't say anything about 500 people walking their dog and taking a shit (the dog that is) on his lawn.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Brandon Howard strikes again.  Exactly the kind of guy our movement can do nicely without.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157874433625675&set=a.10150884268935675&type=3&theater
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I caught crap in gd for posting about his antics again.

He doesn't realize he's the socially-awkward guy and he really isn't helping.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Virginia-Mr-Open-Carry-is-at-it-again/5-2297822/
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brandon Howard strikes again.  Exactly the kind of guy our movement can do nicely without.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157874433625675&set=a.10150884268935675&type=3&theater
View Quote
Exactly.  Clowns like this that want to act like idiots only make all of us look stupid, dangerous, and feed the lefties and their arguments.  Peaceful protests, declaring that we will stand up for our rights, all good.  Standing at somebody's house with a rifle is just cheap intimidation.  I doubt any charges will stick on this guy, but it's still stupid and wrong.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Virginia-Mr-Open-Carry-is-at-it-again/5-2297822/
View Quote
Socially awkward is putting it mildly.  I know him, he's missing a few wires up there...

Seriously, how many Alexandria residents are going "Gee I really didn't know what to think on all these gun bills BUT then I saw that strange fella from Hopewell marching around with a shotgun and decided we really need more of that!"
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Socially awkward is putting it mildly.  I know him, he's missing a few wires up there...

Seriously, how many Alexandria residents are going "Gee I really didn't know what to think on all these gun bills BUT then I saw that strange fella from Hopewell marching around with a shotgun and decided we really need more of that!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy is fucking us  hard with his antics. The stunt he pulled at the Alexandria farmers market last year means that as soon as the GA strikes down the preemption clause that the Alexandria city council will ban: assault weapons, high cap magazines, open carry, suppressors....you name it. This clown is killing us.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This guy is fucking us  hard with his antics. The stunt he pulled at the Alexandria farmers market last year means that as soon as the GA strikes down the preemption clause that the Alexandria city council will ban: assault weapons, high cap magazines, open carry, suppressors....you name it. This clown is killing us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right on the money. But he sure is a hero to a majority of the posters on GD. I read some of their shit and was really embarrassed. Did I really join up here to be included with those assholes?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Make politicians afraid again.

Fuck all this noise.  I will never subscribe to the idea that they WON'T be coming for our guns if there were no people like this.  Is he crazy?  Maybe, I don't know.  But he's not causing anti-gunners to do anti-gun things.  Not having him as a 'reason' won't stop them.

I remember when people bitched and moaned about plate carriers and ARs at a previous lobby day.  Look what happened this year.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I dont personally like open carry of rifles or shotguns.  If he only had a concealed pistol would that be ok, I am sure the press would have found way to expose him as armed.  Do you think Alexandria wont ban the carrying of concealed handguns.  When he gets Red Flagged on July 2 is that going to be ok with everyone here because he is wired different.  The banners can admit this thread as evidence. The antis protested Chris Cox and were lauded as heroes by the press. I would not protest at someone's house especial armed but maybe having that scatter gun stopped a dog or antifa thug from coming against him.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I dont personally like open carry of rifles or shotguns.  If he only had a concealed pistol would that be ok, I am sure the press would have found way to expose him as armed.  Do you think Alexandria wont ban the carrying of concealed handguns.  When he gets Red Flagged on July 2 is that going to be ok with everyone here because he is wired different.  The banners can admit this thread as evidence. The antis protested Chris Cox and were lauded as heroes by the press. I would not protest at someone's house especial armed but maybe having that scatter gun stopped a dog or antifa thug from coming against him.
View Quote
I'll admit I am on the fence, regarding the open carry (rifles, shotguns or handguns) while protesting

I can see the media posting up some pics and or vids and twisting it all up,

and at the same time, I get it that it helps bring some stuff to light in front of those that may not realize what they (firearms) actually are,

there were similar posts in various places when the guy used to carry an AR in Carytown in RVA (he was killed in a car accident out of state years ago)
lot of folks had a hissy,  did not see a need etc etc, and lots got the point (that were not 'gun people')

now having said this about that,

one thing I thought of after the fact,
during lobby day, instead of going unarmed inside the fence, I maybe should have brought out the Service Rifle gear and got a few folks I used to shoot with to go with me, and set up  on a street corner to promote the sport,

scoped 20" AR, shooting stool, jacket, spotting scope etc,

may have drawn some attention to the sport
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a time place and situation for that kind of thing, and the Levine incident wasn't it.

Levine displays this bizarre persecution martyr complex that seems to drive him.  He's also established a pretty long track record of misrepresenting (aka lying) about every encounter he's had with people he disagrees with.  Open carry protest in front of his house just before a key vote feeds right into his strengths.

Doing that, just before the 961 vote, could have been what pushed it over the goal line.

What really gets under Levine's skin is ridicule.  Make him look foolish. Make him lose standing in his communities.  Showing up at his house with a gun only proves to him that he was right.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Make politicians afraid again.
Fuck all this noise.  I will never subscribe to the idea that they WON'T be coming for our guns if there were no people like this.  Is he crazy?  Maybe, I don't know.  But he's not causing anti-gunners to do anti-gun things.  Not having him as a 'reason' won't stop them.
I remember when people bitched and moaned about plate carriers and ARs at a previous lobby day.  Look what happened this year.
View Quote
It's not about the politicians.  It's about regular people, up here most of them are softly in favor of a gun ban.  All they see is a crazy guy with a scary gun in their neighborhood.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
The Left use Mr. Howard to their advantage.  He randomly shows up solo in not so 2A friendly communities with a goofy AR set up.....it's raises a lot of questions even among us.  The Left uses him.  Why was he the only one allowed to bring his AR(rifle) into the Pocahontas Building last July?  Why was he the only gun guy that sat down with pedo Sen Morrissey?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top