Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2020 3:25:47 PM EDT
I have some paintball air tanks that still have plenty of life left, but they are up for a re-certification.

Any shops in The Valley- preferably the northern part- that do hydrotesting?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if they do those tanks but you can try Fire Tec Aero on 19th Ave. we used them when I worked for an Aviation Company.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll look into them. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thunderbird Cylinder
4209 E University Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85034
(602) 437-4600
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
No reply from Fire Tec.

I'll contact Thunderbird. Thanks, KR!
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
As opposed to the gal at Thunderbird Cylinder, the guy that answered the phone at Scuba Pros AZ was happy to answer questions, knew the subject well, and actually sounded like he wanted my business.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Was gonna say.. find a scuba shop, most will work with all consumer tanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As opposed to the gal at Thunderbird Cylinder, the guy that answered the phone at Scuba Pros AZ was happy to answer questions, knew the subject well, and actually sounded like he wanted my business.
View Quote

Its crazy the decline in customer service these days, huh? I get so frustrated calling places to get info/make appointments. They are either rude, stupid or lazy (sometimes all 3!) I don't know how these worthless fucks keep their jobs. Doctors offices are the worst, but I was calling mechanics last week and had to take a couple days off from calling because they were pissing me off so bad.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its crazy the decline in customer service these days, huh? I get so frustrated calling places to get info/make appointments. They are either rude, stupid or lazy (sometimes all 3!) I don't know how these worthless fucks keep their jobs. Doctors offices are the worst, but I was calling mechanics last week and had to take a couple days off from calling because they were pissing me off so bad.
View Quote

I work in CS/tech support. It doesn't take much effort to provide good service. Trust me: I'm pretty lazy. I'm a huge fan of voting with my dollars, so their loss.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I worked in straight up customer service for 20+ years and now kinda sorta customer service/hospitality/retail stuff(its complicated! Haha). Its easy and hard, depends on the day and the person. What isnt hard is making sure the person who answers the phone speaks english, has a brain and isnt an asshole. Although with the way things are going, maybe it is getting a little harder...
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
For those who need to have cylinders tested, Scuba Pros were top notch.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Crazy talk.  Sounds like a trap!

"The spider has caught another fly"
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm getting back into paintball myself after about 12 years. All my tanks are too old to even be tested  (15 year service life), so I bought a new ninja tank, it's crazy how much lighter it is. Same with all the other gear, the guns are basically grips with barrels and hoppers now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Crazy talk.  Sounds like a trap!

"The spider has caught another fly"
View Quote

The toll was heavy, though.

Quoted:
I'm getting back into paintball myself after about 12 years. All my tanks are too old to even be tested  (15 year service life), so I bought a new ninja tank, it's crazy how much lighter it is. Same with all the other gear, the guns are basically grips with barrels and hoppers now.
View Quote

Hit me up if yer on the north/west side (or not). Once the weather cools off a little bit more, I'm going to get out again. Shooting people is fun.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:Hit me up if yer on the north/west side (or not). Once the weather cools off a little bit more, I'm going to get out again. Shooting people is fun.
View Quote

Hitting people is cheaper, though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, but people are icky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top