Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2020 12:52:24 PM EDT
Anyone know if/when the Philadelphia Gun Permit Office will re-open?   Was hoping to check status of an application.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged in for answer, need to reapply.

Just found this:
Up to date information about Phila. CCW

Very specific information pertaining to opening and making appointments:
https://www.ppd-ltc.com/opening-information
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Philly is a gold plated cocksucker to get a CCW in.

If you have an unpaid parking ticket they will deny you.

You have to be 100% totally snow white and they do drag their feet as much as possible.

It there is ANY other route you can take than do that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^ Pic is right, there is a reason Philadelphia County requires an in-person visit to apply for a permit and to pick up a permit.  The office is only open during weekdays and during business hours (so you have to take time off work).  In contrast, back home I got my CCW mailed to me.  It's a good thing we have the state-wide premption law, but they still try to make things as hard as possible.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The gun permit unit opened on July 8th, but by appointment only. You can only call between 8:30am and 1:30pm Mon-Wed. The appointments are backed up to mid to late October as of last Friday. Check the website for the numbers which are consistently busy for hours at a time. You have to remember that during the recent Pandemic and civil unrest almost everyone under the sun went out to buy a new gun and now want a license to carry now.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#5]
When I called 2 weeks ago it took 45 minutes of constant repeat dialing (including being disconnected 4 times) to get to a person to make an appointment scheduled for the end of August.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#6]
What a shame that while the world is going to shit and crime is rampant, OP is being denied his ability to defend himself and his family.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The real shame is that I applied for it in January... now it is end of July.     Clean record, no parking tickets, Professional in city of Philadelphia
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The real shame is that I applied for it in January... now it is end of July.     Clean record, no parking tickets, Professional in city of Philadelphia
View Quote

Mine was issued on the spot in Lackawanna(original)
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 3:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very unhappy to hear that, last time I renewed only took 2 weeks to get the license. Even when I originally applied years ago don’t recall it taking more than a month to get license.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
mine was easy except for snow storms closing the office and they spelled my name wrong the first time. i was 20 mins in and out to apply though. i live in lower bucks so the office on new falls road was my place.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Went today for renewal interview and while talking to interviewer he told me that current appointment times are out almost a year!
If you called today for an appointment you would get August 2021.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Went today for renewal interview and while talking to interviewer he told me that current appointment times are out almost a year!
View Quote

I understand that once approved, you have to call to make an appointment to pick up your permit. I assume they will brake balls and make you wait until next year to pick it up.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I understand that once approved, you have to call to make an appointment to pick up your permit. I assume they will brake balls and make you wait until next year to pick it up.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine in Philly 3 years ago. Before corona, it was a nuisance. I went in with all my stuff in order right when they opened and was out in 45min. Not bad compared to the horror stories I’ve hear before they got sued. Got my approval in 14 days and went down to get my photo taken and get my license. They def want to inconvenience you but it wasn’t as bad as it used to be.

Now it’s a clown show and breaking the law, not surprised because of corona. I expect Josh prince and some lawsuits coming eventually.

ETA: glad I don’t have to renew there when I’m up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top