Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have wasted at least 4hrs in meetings with my congressman about this shit.  He keeps telling us we don't understand.  He needs to understand unless we get results - the republican party of my county will not only not support him for re-election - we are already looking to support someone to run against him.

That said, it really does not matter if some democrats are committee chairs - what matters is which bills are assigned to them.  All is not lost until the speaker of the house assigns them bills that actually need to get passed.  Last session, constitutional carry got assigned to a democrat.  It was an easy way for house republicans to say - we supported it, but it did not make it out of committee.  Fucking lying bastards.  They did not support it when they elected the speaker.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally got a letter today from Phelan on the email I sent back in mid Jan about this issue.  

His response is essentially a "fuck off".
View Quote

Would you mind sharing it? I never got a response.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Would you mind sharing it? I never got a response.
View Quote

I don't mind, but it went out with the recycling yesterday.  Other than my name and address, it had all the feeling of a form letter.  I'm sure anyone else who disagreed with him got the same exact letter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't mind, but it went out with the recycling yesterday.  Other than my name and address, it had all the feeling of a form letter.  I'm sure anyone else who disagreed with him got the same exact letter.
View Quote

I will see if I can find mine to post.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top