Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2020 4:13:22 PM EDT
I need an update on what is required for a carry permit renewal.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You can start the renewal process with your Sheriff's office within 30 days PRIOR to the expiration and within 30 days AFTER the expiration of your current permit to carry.

To RENEW your permit, you must provide your the identification, IA Drivers License / State ID.  No additional training is needed. You just need to provide proof of existing permit.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can start the renewal process with your Sheriff's office within 30 days PRIOR to the expiration and within 30 days AFTER the expiration of your current permit to carry.

To RENEW your permit, you must provide your the identification, IA Drivers License / State ID.  No additional training is needed. You just need to provide proof of existing permit.
View Quote

Cool thanks, hard to believe it's been almost 5 years already.  I had a permit under the old system for a few years, but 5 years went fast with the new laws.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

thanks for the info also. My permit expires this fall and I was wondering what I needed to do to get it renewed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cool thanks, hard to believe it's been almost 5 years already.  I had a permit under the old system for a few years, but 5 years went fast with the new laws.  Thank you!
View Quote

Ya, mine expires in November and yes, 5 years goes by fast.  :(
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ya, mine expires in November and yes, 5 years goes by fast.  :(
View Quote

That is when mine expires as well.  I was thinking I had just gotten renewed under the old system right before the shall issue law was passed.  I went ahead and got the new one after shall issue so I'd be good for 5 years since the old one was yearly.  I remember getting a little hassle from the old sheriff when I wanted to do that as he tried to put me off until my old one expired the following year.  

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top