Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2021 4:49:42 PM EDT
sent the renewal in but I think I may have forgot the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.  It's been a while.  I called and the recording says don't call lol.  Am I done for?  I did notice someone mentioned they forgot the SASE and got theirs but the check has not cashed and it's been a good 2 months now.  Am I a Liberal now?  Do I have to turn em in?  Where is my damn permit?  I had a bad feeling about this.  Even had the wife review everything before I sent it in.  Shit.

EDIT: Showed up a few days ago!  Whew!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot my SASE in June.  I received my renewal two weeks after mailing it in.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lucky!

I sent all my stuff 1st week of July.  Nuttin but crickets

This whole shitshow is bullshit.  DMV is getting along just fine with By Appointment Only.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  I got my renewal before the state upgraded their system.  Renewals seem to be taking longer since.

Quoted:

Lucky!

This whole shitshow is bullshit.  DMV is getting along just fine with By Appointment Only.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lucky!

View Quote

DMV is still doing appoinments only?  I did that in August or September of 2020.  It was my best DMV experience in any state EVER in my life!  In and out registered a car in something like 10 or 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

DMV is still doing appoinments only?  I did that in August or September of 2020.  It was my best DMV experience in any state EVER in my life!  In and out registered a car in something like 10 or 15 minutes.
View Quote

As of last week.  My wife had to get her renewal.  Exact same experience.   15mins.

AND!! There was a huge ass line.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lucky!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky!

Still waiting on mine. I sent it in the last week of July. My permit expires end of October..
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up guys. I just checked mine the other day, expires in January 2022. With Ned's reign re-instated, I'm predicting I will be facing the same issue when my time comes.

That is, if they allow me the privilege to renew
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As of last week.  My wife had to get her renewal.  Exact same experience.   15mins.

AND!! There was a huge ass line.
View Quote

Go to AAA for your license renewal.  WAAAAAAY easier than DMV and no more expensive IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Go to AAA for your license renewal.  WAAAAAAY easier than DMV and no more expensive IIRC.
View Quote

No AAA near where I live.  Willimantic DMV much closer.

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Go to AAA for your license renewal.
View Quote

Some AAA offices do not process drivers license renewal (Fairfield and New Haven county offices last I heard). There was a dust up with some offices and the state over wanting more of a cut so they stopped doing drivers license renewals. I had to use the Milford Town Hall last time around for renewing the drivers license because there wasn't a near by AAA office that would renew the drivers license. Per DMV these are the AAA offices that do drivers licenses:

Avon- 70 East Main Street
Cromwell- 34 Shunpike Road
Enfield- 109 Elm Street
Glastonbury - 81 House Street
Manchester- 1500 G Pleasant Valley Road
Old Saybrook - 210 Main Street
Southington - 755 Queen Street
Waterford- 117 Boston Post Road
West Hartford - 815 Farmington Avenue

Apparently one can also renew at Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union offices in Milford, North Haven and Norwalk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top