Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2022 12:21:13 PM EDT
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/bastrop-co-couple-holds-home-intruder-at-gunpoint-until-arrest

BASTROP COUNTY, Texas — A Bastrop County couple caught an intruder entering their home and then held the stranger at gunpoint until deputies arrived to arrest him.

“I was sitting here drinking my morning coffee like I do every day,” she recalls. Before she knew it, Glynis was fighting back. “I was just telling him no. Get out of my house.”
View Quote

Happened to some friends of mine about a week ago. Knowing Jim, he probably reads this board occasionally.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Shame that's only a Class A Misdemeanor. Should be felony to walk into someone's house like that, especially if they're a non citizen.

Sounds like it took some effort to get to the house in the first. Not like he just walked thru an open door on South Lamar or Congress in Austin.

Curious if they had flexcuffed or some other restraint, would that have been legal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Waltz into Casa de Hoji like that and it will be a bad day for you.Attachment Attached File

Okami ( 130 lbs) and his sisterAttachment Attached File

Chisana ( 60lbs) are not fond of strangers.

That is before someone inside points a gun at you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Waltz into Casa de Hoji like that and it will be a bad day for you.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/141911/7FC29E83-4088-4A10-9BBD-F0F27840636C_jpe-2391764.JPG
Okami ( 130 lbs) and his sisterhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/141911/56A01F0A-E70D-471E-93E1-F227D09063D0_jpe-2391766.JPG
Chisana ( 60lbs) are not fond of strangers.

That is before someone inside points a gun at you.
View Quote

Fox One
Indicates launch of a semi-active radar-guided missile (such as the AIM-7 Sparrow).

Fox Two
Indicates launch of an infrared-guided missile (such as the AIM-9 Sidewinder).

Fox Three
Indicates launch of an active radar-guided missile (such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM).

SO - What do you call out when "Launching" a Fur Covered Mayhem Missile?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fox One
Indicates launch of a semi-active radar-guided missile (such as the AIM-7 Sparrow).

Fox Two

Fox Three
Indicates launch of an active radar-guided missile (such as the AIM-120 AMRAAM).

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

HAVOC!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

HAVOC!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fox One

Fox Two

Fox Three

BIGGER_HAMMER

HAVOC!

Attachment Attached File

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The guy is lucky he didn't end up in a plastic tub full of masonry cleaner...
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Growing up it was common for people to just come on in.   Since moving to the city not so much.   Funny thing is we bought a place in the country and while moving in I guess some of the old owners friends didnt get the memo and were just walk in kinda folks.  It was real fucking awkward for a few mins.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:52:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The days of unlocked screen or main doors has been over for awhile...maybe even especially out in the country.  Even if I'm out in the shop building...60' away...I lock the house door.  The last two nights I've gone out to work in the shop on a project after the wife goes to bed.  For the first time ever I stuffed my P320 X-Carry in a fanny pack strapped to my side while working out there.

Guarantee you I'm no scaredy cat, but anymore there are too many shitheads floating around, and that's just about anywhere you go or live...and my area has never been a high crime location.  It's a shame.  Honestly the days of innocence of unlocked doors and trust have been gone for awhile.

If I read correctly, this occurred in Bastrop?  That's a relatively long way from the border for this kind of action.  The family is lucky they were only confronted by someone who wasn't out to achieve worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top