Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2020 9:43:47 PM EDT
Planning a vacation down here 6/17-24. If I can get down here what does it look like as far as restrictions from the Wuflu shitfest that's been going on?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
County Commission has been talking about opening the beach  back up. Sounds like it may happen next week.  There’s been talk that it will open for “exercise”, meaning swimming, surf, walking, etc are good.  Just no sunbathing.  I’m sure by June it will be back to normal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
My hope is after about 3 days, these asinine restrictions will be ignored.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody’s guess. The food places are doing ToGo, for the most part, but everything is closed. You can’t go on the beach (which is stupid), everyone is just sitting on the beaches that are on the Bay. We can go a park and lay out, can’t go to the long ass beach!

No deals on hotels. My GF and are about sick of this house, the pools are open believe it or not, but the rate was outlandish! Like prime tourist season prices. Personally, I wouldn’t plan on coming here.

Escambia’s County Commission are a bunch of idiots, who knows what they will do. One wanted to open the beach and he got fairly jumped for even bringing it up.

People who fish are livid because the pompano are running... Can’t go on the beach, but you can go on a fishing charter.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the pompano should be on fire and the damn beaches are closed.

Are you are correct about the County Commissioners, al, idiots.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Perdido Key Beaches Open Today; PCB Open Tomorrow...
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have yet to figure out how walking on a beach is that much safer than laying on a beach. NW FL Gulf beaches are a lot wider than SFL Gulf beaches... and we have a lot of beach access for a long way. I’m not a beach guy (old enough I worry about skin cancer and aging), but damn.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Navarre Beach to open (partially) on 01-May. I think the news said the county was opening it for 5 or 6 hours, daily.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Navarre Beach to open (partially) on 01-May. I think the news said the county was opening it for 5 or 6 hours, daily.

View Quote

Yeah 2:30-7:30 each day
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably the safest place to be, out in the sun with fresh air instead of locked inside the house breathing the same air and touching the same things as asymptomatic carrier.

At least the annual sexual deviant festival held on P-cola Beach every year Memorial Day Weekend is cancelled.   All the decent military families and folks have to take their kids over to the next town's beach for that weekend, and avoid downtown P-cola/Palafox Street.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#10]
It’s open May 1st, no rules except you cannot loiter under the pier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

Probably the safest place to be, out in the sun with fresh air instead of locked inside the house breathing the same air and touching the same things as asymptomatic carrier.

At least the annual sexual deviant festival held on P-cola Beach every year Memorial Day Weekend is cancelled.   All the decent military families and folks have to take their kids over to the next town's beach for that weekend, and avoid downtown P-cola/Palafox Street.
View Quote

Yep.  Glad that spectacle is cancelled.   Another thing I’ve liked about all this lockdown is the traffic.  It’s been nice to drive on 98 and not deal with a bunch of out of towners.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:37:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to not have a problem with the memorial day antics because it brought in a lot of money to the service industry, the last few years not so much. Private parties, mainly staying at the ass end of the beach, etc. The last couple of years were not as profitable, so now they can just go away.

Plus they leave all their shit on the beach.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By tc2129:

Yep.  Glad that spectacle is cancelled.   Another thing I’ve liked about all this lockdown is the traffic.  It’s been nice to drive on 98 and not deal with a bunch of out of towners.
View Quote

QFT!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Getting closer. What are things like down there? Are eat in restaurants open? Are beach facilities (restrooms, etc.) open?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JesB:
Getting closer. What are things like down there? Are eat in restaurants open? Are beach facilities (restrooms, etc.) open?
View Quote

As part of the phase 1 reopening plan, restaurants are at 50% capacity, with lots more stores open. Now, I am in Clearwater, but here, the beaches are open, the bathrooms and changing rooms are open, and even other tourist things like mini golf is open again. I believe the state as a whole is at this level, but I’ll let a local in Pepsi cola correct anything else I missed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Escambia County rentals wide open, effective immediately.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SanchoPanza:
Escambia County rentals wide open, effective immediately.
View Quote

Sounds great. Exactly where I'm staying for a week. When did they make that decision?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Announced today.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Certain States excluded. Don't think Iowa was one of them, but check before starting a trip.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#20]
We were at the beach two weeks ago.  Very easy to stay away from people, and the water temp was like 70.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
We were at the beach two weeks ago.  Very easy to stay away from people, and the water temp was like 70.  

View Quote

Sweet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Certain States excluded. Don't think Iowa was one of them, but check before starting a trip.
View Quote

Iowa isn't one of them. Thanks for the info! Do you know if fishing off the pier is allowed?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:09:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't know; but will report soon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:38:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JesB:

Iowa isn't one of them. Thanks for the info! Do you know if fishing off the pier is allowed?
View Quote

According to this article in the News Urinal, it opened the end of April

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/04/29/coronavirus-pensacola-beach-pier-reopen-saturday-fishing/3051996001/

@JesB
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Good, very good. How about the Navarre Pier, & the road between P'cola Beach and Navarre Beach, along the Gulf Island Nat'l Seashore?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By deLuna_tic:

According to this article in the News Urinal, it opened the end of April

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/04/29/coronavirus-pensacola-beach-pier-reopen-saturday-fishing/3051996001/

@JesB
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Good, very good. How about the Navarre Pier, & the road between P'cola Beach and Navarre Beach, along the Gulf Island Nat'l Seashore?
View Quote

The pier in Navarre is re-decked and open

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20200518/navarre-beach-fishing-pier-debuts-new-12-million-deck-makeover-just-in-time-for-spring-photos

As for the beach road, I’m not sure. Ever since they dropped the speed to 20, I just take 98 between Navarre and Gulf Breeze.

@SanchoPanza
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, I love that drive.

Navarre Pier was Free for Veterans...may still be.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Escambia County rentals wide open, effective immediately.
View Quote

Not wide open... People from certain States are barred. I wrote my CC and asked if they want to het sued, because that is illegal AF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top