Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 4:28:56 PM EDT
I have a family member in PA that asked me about the legality of person to person transfers.  What are the rules for both gifting and selling a firearm person to person in PA?

I live in FL and I know our rules I'm just looking to pass on the information.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Some questions that’ll be asked:

Long gun or handgun

Immediate family or acquaintances
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some questions that’ll be asked:

Long gun or handgun

Immediate family or acquaintances
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Also
Can both people legally own firearms?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok,

Both long guns and handguns.

And both immediately and Joe schmo.

In FL we have to make a determination whether or not the person can legally possess a firearm.  Me personally I won't sell to someone unless they have a FL concealed weapon permit.

Is that the standard in PA as well?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out
Pafoa.org
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok,

Both long guns and handguns.

And both immediately and Joe schmo.

In FL we have to make a determination whether or not the person can legally possess a firearm.  Me personally I won't sell to someone unless they have a FL concealed weapon permit.

Is that the standard in PA as well?
View Quote
you can do a long gun person to person without a FFL.  I personally check their concealed weapon permit, but thats not a requirement.
Pistols must go through a FFL.  fees range from around $25 to $50 depending on where you go.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you can do a long gun person to person without a FFL.  I personally check their concealed weapon permit, but thats not a requirement.
Pistols must go through a FFL.  fees range from around $25 to $50 depending on where you go.
View Quote

Thank you for the response
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
at some flea markets and farmers markets in pa you can buy a long guns no paperwork, no questions asked. pistols must go through a ffl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top