Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2021 11:23:05 AM EDT
My family has to go to PTC & Tyrone for a wedding at the end of the month.

Considering all the crap going on in Atlanta lately, how is this area for "problems".

TBH, I am a little worried about leaving my country bumpkin, rural life to head there
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No problems in PTC. You will find a very heavy enforcement of all traffic laws. speed, cell usage and stop signs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Peachtree City is where everyone moved to escape ATL -- home to the world's largest collection of Delta pilots.  Everything designed around golf carts. You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I appreciate the insight into the area.

I kinda figured that the further outside the 285 loop you get, the less problems you encounter.

I have not been into GA in many years now.
What’s this crap about cell phones??
I figure I can’t use one while driving, but what about my front passenger?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the insight into the area.

I kinda figured that the further outside the 285 loop you get, the less problems you encounter.

I have not been into GA in many years now.
What’s this crap about cell phones??
I figure I can’t use one while driving, but what about my front passenger?
View Quote

Passenger is fine. I've been here for a year and I constantly see drivers using phones. Just make sure you're not right next to a cop at a light, they see you use it, and they feel like pulling you over for it.

PTC will be fine. I go there occasionally since no liquor stores in Coweta county.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Peachtree City is where everyone moved to escape ATL -- home to the world's largest collection of Delta pilots.  Everything designed around golf carts. You'll be fine.
View Quote

Take a golf cart and act like you have  sense.  No one will ever know u country AF!
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
PTC is safe…for now, but crime is slowly trickling into the area. Fayettev county is considered metro Atlanta but it is nothing like Atlanta. I’m in unincorporated Fayetteville and one street over from PTC and it’s safe here.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm next door in Newnan and in PTC regularly and aside from their little Police force hammering you with tickets it's a nice place to live , I lived there years ago and reached a point where I couldn't stand all these rules about what you can have in yard and how you had to keep your house and yard looking
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My family has to go to PTC & Tyrone for a wedding at the end of the month.

Considering all the crap going on in Atlanta lately, how is this area for "problems".

TBH, I am a little worried about leaving my country bumpkin, rural life to head there
View Quote

Nothing wrong with PTC. If you are going to stay in like a hotel, make sure its in the PTC area or over in Newnan. PTC and west of PTC generally = good, east generally = bad

and the hands free law is just that, driver can't have a phone touching his/her body (so if its sitting in the drivers lap, that's a ticket). Anyone else in the car can have at it. Be carful of PTC police. They don't fuck around so stop at the stop signs/red lights, don't speed too much and if you are going to drink, be very careful because it is check point city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top