Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2020 7:35:34 PM EDT

How does one go about getting a DNA paternity test that a Vermont court will recognize? My older boy (19) stuck it in crazy, with predictable results. So now he finds himself the presumptive father of a beautiful 2 month old baby girl. That relationship fell apart before he knew about the pregnancy.

To his credit, he's willing to take responsibility for his acts, pay child support or whatever else is needed, to the best of his ability. There are many complicating factors I won’t cover here. These are the three major ones:

- The mother is not known for stability or fidelity.

- Mother has alternately told my boy he is the father, he isn’t, or that she doesn’t know for certain.

- Mother’s thoroughly worthless boyfriend has somehow gotten himself named on the birth certificate. My boy suspects this is so he can ride the gravy train, rather than parentage on the bf’s part.

To wrap this up, my boy just wants confirmation/proof that he won’t be paying for someone else’s child. Who does he talk to to get this show on the road?

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Mother can, he can't?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top