Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 12:15:14 AM EDT
WTH? Watching live news on Fox 6 in Birmingham. News crew on scene more interested in filming hooligans right next to them destroy stuff and set it on fire than trying to stop them or call authorities. Stupid news producers sent them down there with NO security. Where the hell are the police? SMH.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Its MSM, I don’t expect them to do anything but fan the flames.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems like the “protesters” want the boog to begin. Those of y’all working in downtown stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
What good would calling the cops do? The incompetent Liberal mayor allowed them to do that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
A buddy of mine got to see it go down with his own eyes - he owns a place nearby the riots.

What a freaking mess

He has been up all night dealing with rioters, trying to decide whether to bug out or not.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What good would calling the cops do? The incompetent Liberal mayor allowed them to do that.
View Quote

The cops showed up early when things started kicking off at Lynn Park. They disappeared when the crowd started hacking away at the statue. I’m guessing the city pulled them back as they might have responsibility, per state law, to defend the monument. Guess they figured “out of sight, out of mind”.

What I don’t get is how the crowd was allowed to make it all the way to 5-points without interference. I watch the live streams until there was nothing left to film and the city let these people have free reign in downtown. The only times I saw police on the streams is when they blocked off traffic. I saw mention of tear gas at one point but next saw it deployed in the videos I saw.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
The other metro areas I have to be in tomorrow haven’t been affected, yet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Birmingham declares a state of emergency.  Curfew starting at 7PM tonight.

Ray Charles could have seen this coming and Woodfin did NOTHING in advance.

He's calling out the Anarchists.  Looks like Trump was right again.

He's asking for people to turn in their smart phone video to catch the perps.

Attachment Attached File

Asking for Smart Phone video.  Turn it in if you support George Floyd.

Attachment Attached File

22 fires.  3 of those residential.

Attachment Attached File

Said that he is going to remove statues.

He received information about city targets and did NOTHING!

Said that he didn't have enough officers at Lynn park to do anything.

Said that he doesn't give his Police Chief orders.  He trusts his chief.  I say BS on this.  He was just over his head.

[me]Hopefully, he had the Hospitals protected.[/me]

Trying to say that he didn't want to look like "Bull Conner".

He's finally going to give the statues to the people that asked to take them.

Curfew effective until further notice. Businesses need to provide employee id. He was waffly about injuries.

Will follow up on instigators and out of city perps.

What will be the reasons for lifting curfew? He will assess on daily basis.

No activation of National Guard.

24 arrests last night.

Birmingham is still in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic and an economic crisis.

Advertising "Bham Strong".

Final Comments: The World is watching and we disappointed ourselves.  Do the Right Thing.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn troglodytes hit where my wife works.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
For those who are not old like me and don't remember, it was this sort of over the top riot and violence on the part of the left nationally that got Nixon elected twice.  While it won't make any difference in the governance of the big cities, nationally this lawlessness never accrues to the good or benefit of the party most closely associated with the big city officials who let it all go down, or in some cases excuse it.  

They pay a big price with normal people in the country who might otherwise be very inclined to sympathy about the root cause issues being protested.

The violence and looting is also too big, and too impactful for their allies in the media to completely cover it up, excuse, or spin it successfully, try as they will.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The Crestwood Mall(in Eastern Birmingham) is boarding up and closing at 5PM.  Way to go Liberals.  Starve the People.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Y'all actually expected the mayor to crack down on the people that elected him?

You'd have better luck calling MeMaw's office and pushing her to send in the Guard and State Police. Until then, act accordingly and yeet any motherfucker that puts you and yours in harm's way.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Mayor said he was going to finish the job.

Per Fox:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
In Walmart in Wetumpka around 3PM and walked past SG where I saw both gun cases empty.  Three employees were emptying the ammo cases and putting it on rolling carts.  

I asked if they were no longer going to sell guns and ammo and the SG lady said it was only temporary until the protests stop.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#17]
What are the odds of some sort of lawsuit against Woodfin and that comedian?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only the residents of Birmingham will have standing and they all know that Woodfin would take revenge on them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The mayor was already in violation of the court order.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got the Rioters to give him a reason to remove the statue.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Mr Woodfin should be charged with conspiracy to violate the law that required those monuments to remain in place.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

i think it's the city on the hook for the fines not him.

This whole deal was a set up. They thought the rioters would bring the statues down, thus absolving Scandal Randal of any blame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can he be held personally liable or would it just be taxpayer funded fines?

i think it's the city on the hook for the fines not him.

This whole deal was a set up. They thought the rioters would bring the statues down, thus absolving Scandal Randal of any blame.

It appears that he didn't consider the cost of the medical bills that he would have to pay for the rioters that would be hurt.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#25]
While they’re at it let’s tear down the other great monuments of slavery and oppression, the pyramids of Giza. But that will never happen because the street only goes one way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
While they’re at it let’s tear down the other great monuments of slavery and oppression, the pyramids of Giza. But that will never happen because the street only goes one way.
View Quote

I say we take down ALL the monuments. If they want to take down monuments/statues to/of the Confederacy, then we need to take down the monument/statue of Martin Luther King, Jr. Both monuments are of historical figures. If one comes down, they should ALL come down. Let's just get rid of all history and never speak of them, again. If it didn't happen today, then it didn't happen. And for tomorrow, nothing has ever happened, before.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#27]
1984.... hated the book... but I get it ( from your perspective )if one comes down.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
1984.... hated the book... but I get it ( from your perspective )if one comes down.....
View Quote

Strange how Liberals are now doing what Liberals used to hate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe next should be the Buffalo Soldier statues...since they helped to remove the indigenous peoples from the American West
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top