Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2021 6:39:28 PM EDT
I have not been there for a year or two.  I was checking to see what what their hours were and watched the video posted on their site.  Each shooting bench is now a booth.  Last time i was there you could put the targets any distance you wanted.  Now the target holder fits into a hole at set distances.  I'll post a link to their video.  It is worth a watch if anyone is thinking about going there.

https://education.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/parma-woods-range-and-training-center/parma-woods-shooting-range-information
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s been that way at Parma for years.   Looks like the booths have been upgraded.  Used to be just a straight bench top across the front.   I like Parma much better than the concrete wedge benches at Lake City.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s been that way at Parma for years.   Looks like the booths have been upgraded.  Used to be just a straight bench top across the front.   I like Parma much better than the concrete wedge benches at Lake City.
View Quote

I like the style of the benches at lake city.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there today. Not very many people there. I just go there to test handloads or sight in a scope, since it is a lot closer than the other range I go to.

I dont really like the benches. I am average height and the bench top is too tall for the height of the sitting bench. I find it uncorfortable. Then again, I prefer prone shooting to begin with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top