Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2019 3:08:43 PM EDT
Does anyone know the condition of the parking lots now? My yard is very soggy in Shelbyville.   I see we're supposed to have more rain Friday morning with strong winds.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, I am certain it will be dry as a bone. Just a few hours of sunlight and the lower parking lot will dry out like the Sahara Desert.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I just happen to be in the area from out of town and wanna drop by...anyone know what time they start shooting Friday? Would have to be late morning for it to work for me (website didn’t say much)
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just happen to be in the area from out of town and wanna drop by...anyone know what time they start shooting Friday? Would have to be late morning for it to work for me (website didn’t say much)
View Quote
gates open for parking at 6am
breakfast from 7-9

gun show and machine gun shoot start at 9 and run all day. night shoot when it gets dark.

the rain forecast is looking a little better jut a 60% chance of showers arounf 5-6am and then clearing off.
It has not rained around there in about 3 days or so, things SHOULD be dry but those grass fields do get a little slick with any rain at all.

im driving my truck just to be sure.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

gates open for parking at 6am
breakfast from 7-9

gun show and machine gun shoot start at 9 and run all day. night shoot when it gets dark.

the rain forecast is looking a little better jut a 60% chance of showers arounf 5-6am and then clearing off.
It has not rained around there in about 3 days or so, things SHOULD be dry but those grass fields do get a little slick with any rain at all.

im driving my truck just to be sure.
View Quote
Awesome; thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Awesome; thanks!
View Quote
bring cash if you plan on buying anything. cell service is sparse and no internet connection so most vendors only take cash.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking at the schedule they have out, Is everything going to be over at 9pm? Or am I looking at the schedule wrong?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking at the schedule they have out, Is everything going to be over at 9pm? Or am I looking at the schedule wrong?
View Quote
thats what it looks like to me.

close up shop at 9pm.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

bring cash if you plan on buying anything. cell service is sparse and no internet connection so most vendors only take cash.
View Quote
If you need to check in with anyone or make any calls be sure to do it before you get close to the property
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I have ATT and can make calls in the gravel area between the sheds and big shelter. The earlier you get there the better the parking. I get there early and park in the upper lots nearest the ticket booth.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Heading out now, looks like with this rain it will be a mess.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a blast; Verizon worked pretty well actually....parking lots were GTG far as I could tell.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Lot on the right was pretty firm I even saw a Corvette in the lot.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#13]
The lots seem like they should be fine through tomorrow. A little soft, but not messy. I saw one parking attendant covered in mud, though. Not sure what from.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top