Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/15/2022 6:24:37 PM EDT
I'm happy to see immediate action. I'm guessing it is going to be a legal fight to actually have my daughter not be required to wear a mask at school.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-younkin-signs-executive-actions-banning-crt-investigate-loudon-county
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Loudoun county schools to be investigated as well.  Hope the fire everybody who was involved with that mess.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What do mean a legal fight?  Isn’t the executive order lifted?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The weasel super in Richmond has already announced he’s keeping a mandate in place for RPS.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Winchester city too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The weasel super in Richmond has already announced he’s keeping a mandate in place for RPS.
View Quote

Rural and conservative New Kent County's superintendent said the same thing.  It was met with a lot of opposition at the last school board meeting.

ETA:  New Kent has now had a change of heart and has announced they will follow the new EO.  I think the school board got bombarded with emails, voicemails and phone calls in support of the new EO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Rural and conservative New Kent County's superintendent said the same thing.  It was met with a lot of opposition at the last school board meeting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sure we’ll hear the same from the dipshit in control of Virginia Beach Schools.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Send your kids to school mask free and January 24, regardless of what the school board or superintendent says. They have no legal authority to force you to mask your kids. Fight back hard
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Send your kids to school mask free and January 24, regardless of what the school board or superintendent says. They have no legal authority to force you to mask your kids. Fight back hard
View Quote

This. This. This.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup.

This Psaki bitch (pardon my language) and FFX county and Arlington county and a few others are gonna do everything they can to fight Youngkin and assert their authority and ownership over your kids.

As stated above, fight back hard.

https://wtop.com/virginia/2022/01/arlington-public-schools-joins-fairfax-co-sends-systemwide-mask-mandate-notice/
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
What a shock - City of Alexandria, Arlington Co., and Fairfax Co.
are defying parental choice.

I hope our new Governor and company take these malcontents
to the wood shed and spank the shit out of them.

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What a shock - City of Alexandria, Arlington Co., and Fairfax Co.
are defying parental choice.

I hope our new Governor and company take these malcontents
to the wood shed and spank the shit out of them.

View Quote

January 24 is gonna get sporty really quick. May need to look in to body cams for the kids. I know my boy won’t be wearing a mask, but I fully expect the admin and teachers to use every type of guilt/pressure against the unmasked, including peers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I plan on emailing the school that my kid has my permission to be mask free, and my kid will have a note to the same effect from me along with a cop of the EO. However, my kid will comply if made to put a mask on and let me handle it from there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Suffolk is joining in too. They think they are above an executive order
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully Campbell county does away with masks or gives the student a choice. But looking at the book of faces page, the county seems to have quite a few Karens.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Sadly, I'm watching WRCTV News4 for local news
as it's (barely) the least obnoxious typical woke
DMV tv station.

I'm hearing that Spotsylvania is going to drop masks,
while Loudoun is gonna require them another week
out of spite, as is Fauquier.  It seems Prince William
will continue pedaling fear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What do mean a legal fight?  Isn’t the executive order lifted?
View Quote

The formerly democrat controlled general assembly passed a bill last year that required schools to be open but to do so under the "current guidance of the CDC" or some similar mess.

This EO doesn't actually cancel any mandates. It recognizes the inherent right of parents to raise their children as they see fit, which is further codified in the Code of Virginia, §1-240.1, which says: "A parent has a fundamental right to make decisions concerning the upbringing, education, and care of the parent's child." Recognizing that right, it allows parents to "opt out" of any mask mandates in place. It's actually pretty brilliant from a legal perspective.

I expect there'll be a court battle, and I expect the governor will prevail. The GA could change the underlying code section this session anyway. If folks make a stink about the EO too bad, the GA might just do that, and make it effective immediately instead of waiting until 1 JUL 22.

Link
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’m sure we’ll hear the same from the dipshit in control of Virginia Beach Schools.
View Quote

My oldest two are in VBPS, they won't be wearing any masks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This. This. This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. This. This.

Exactly what I am doing in FCPS.  Just following the law
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine is in elementary and wont be wearing a mask. Wish I could send him with a body cam for a couple days. Maybe just a recorder and mic in his pack. I’ll also follow someone else’s recommendation and send him with a copy of the EO and a letter singed by myself and our attorney…
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#22]
VBPS sent out an email saying they will be working with VDOPH and VDOE this week to figure out how this impacts them and how best to comply.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
VBPS sent out an email saying they will be working with VDOPH and VDOE this week to figure out how this impacts them and how best to comply.
View Quote

All that really means is they are working with their snake lawyers to figure out a way to side step the EO and keep the mandate in place.

I remember the VBPS emails using the CDC guidelines as the reasoning for the masks and policies, but as soon as the CDC started to relax the BS guidelines, the administration  started consulting the VDOPH and VDOE. They also started using the “what’s best for our students, staff and families” crap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Fredericksburg City Public School just sent voice/email/text message saying they are not following the science by not dropping mask mandate for the "safety" of the teachers, staff, and students following the CDC guideline. However, they will keep the 10 day quarantine instead of 5 that CDC recommends now.

No basis, no science, no data, no common sense F**Ks!@!

I am seriously thinking about switching to private school, which will cost a lot of money, but I can't let my kids suffer anymore!
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fredericksburg City Public School just sent voice/email/text message saying they are not following the science by not dropping mask mandate for the "safety" of the teachers, staff, and students following the CDC guideline. However, they will keep the 10 day quarantine instead of 5 that CDC recommends now.

No basis, no science, no data, no common sense F**Ks!@!

I am seriously thinking about switching to private school, which will cost a lot of money, but I can't let my kids suffer anymore!
View Quote

Fuck it.

Send him without a mask and the EO in hand. Make the forcibly stop you. Call the police. Fight back

Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Lol!  Between that and another email re: the sexual assault investigation, the super must be feeling a little heat!  Hope Miyares takes no prisoners...
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol!  Between that and another email re: the sexual assault investigation, the super must be feeling a little heat!  Hope Miyares takes no prisoners...
View Quote

He better not take any prisoners. They all need to burn for our public schools to have a chance
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Mine is in elementary and wont be wearing a mask. Wish I could send him with a body cam for a couple days. Maybe just a recorder and mic in his pack. I’ll also follow someone else’s recommendation and send him with a copy of the EO and a letter singed by myself and our attorney…
View Quote

I would recommend against the recorder and mic for a minor. The reason is that (I believe - I am not a lawyer) one-party consent in VA does not apply to minors. Meaning, I can be the one party consenting to recording in public, but if the other party is a minor I need consent to record them.

-shooter
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks like CDC is admitting that cloth masks don’t work.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I would recommend against the recorder and mic for a minor. The reason is that (I believe - I am not a lawyer) one-party consent in VA does not apply to minors. Meaning, I can be the one party consenting to recording in public, but if the other party is a minor I need consent to record them.

-shooter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

That does sound possible. I’ll have to consult our attorney on that one… she should be home anytime
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you, or anyone here, has a good “legal language sounding” letter drafted, please share it here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know what the Arlington Diocese view is?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#35]
The cowards on the Stafford County school board had announced they were going to comply with the EO, and then instead went into an emergency closed door session tonight, and voted 5-2 to retain the mask mandate. The wonderful new Superintendent, Thomas Taylor, then sent out an email threatening children with disciplinary action if they show up without a mask on Monday. I'm stuck in a tight spot with my wife being a teacher at the school, and not wanting to make life difficult for her at work, while doing what's right for my son and getting him out of that damned mask ASAP.

The only bright spot is that I heard the woman I voted for that won a spot on the school board, Maureen Siegmund, was one of the two votes against continuing the mask mandate. I sure hope we can vote out the 5 that voted to retain the mandate when the time comes.

What's really sad is I've heard that this action was taken because so many teachers threatened to quit if they dropped the mandate. How pathetic is it that so many teachers will put their false sense of security ahead of the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of the children they are entrusted with? I honestly can't believe that with all of the available studies and real-world evidence of how useless cloth and paper masks are against Covid that anyone could still believe the benefits out weigh all of the negatives, especially when we're talking about masking children for hours on end 5 days a week. It's insanity, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#38]
The plan in Stafford County schools for Monday is that if any child shows up without a mask, the teacher will offer them one and ask them to put it on. If they refuse, they are sent to the principal's office and will again be asked to wear the mask, if they still refuse, they will be sent home. What a joke.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Campbell county emailed saying they will follow the EO but not on busses as that falls under some federal thing. I can hear the Karens now.
These dumbass' are bitching on CC facebook page about school being 2 hours late yesterday and today. Won't someone think of their babies?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Campbell county emailed saying they will follow the EO but not on busses as that falls under some federal thing. I can hear the Karens now.
These dumbass' are bitching on CC facebook page about school being 2 hours late yesterday and today. Won't someone think of their babies?
View Quote
While they're perfectly fine having their kids sit in damp, bacteria-ridden and ineffectual masks for 6+ hours, 5 days a week. And probably keep them masked every time they leave the house, assuming they even let them unmask at home.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
While they're perfectly fine having their kids sit in damp, bacteria-ridden and ineffectual masks for 6+ hours, 5 days a week. And probably keep them masked every time they leave the house, assuming they even let them unmask at home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably. My boy is only in the 2nd grade and is pretty timid. I'll tell him to wear it on the bus, but to take it off as soon as he is off.
We will see how things go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Probably. My boy is only in the 2nd grade and is pretty timid. I'll tell him to wear it on the bus, but to take it off as soon as he is off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you, my son has always been on the timid side and it's really important to him to follow the rules. I asked him last week though if he'd like to stop wearing the mask all day at school, and was met with a resounding "Yes!". So I'm walking him in on Monday morning without the mask, I've told him to respectfully tell both his teacher and the Principal he does not want to wear it, and I'll be waiting outside to take him home. I've heard many other parents are planning the same thing, so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you and your son!
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hear you, my son has always been on the timid side and it's really important to him to follow the rules. I asked him last week though if he'd like to stop wearing the mask all day at school, and was met with a resounding "Yes!". So I'm walking him in on Monday morning without the mask, I've told him to respectfully tell both his teacher and the Principal he does not want to wear it, and I'll be waiting outside to take him home. I've heard many other parents are planning the same thing, so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you and your son!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same to you. Campbell county is a fairly red county, where dems have to run as independents to win, but damn Karens are everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#44]
This ought to be good.

The leftists HATE freedom of choice, unless its abortion
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

VB put out the same thing tonight about how the EO only is in effect while at school and they will have to wear it on the bus. Just shows the pettiness. They will also be asked to wear it at school. Seems like an attempt to pressure the kids.

They did set up the online info portal where I all I need to do is just make a selection and my kid won't have to wear one. We talked about being prepared for some of the teachers to try and pull some BS.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The plan in Stafford County schools for Monday is that if any child shows up without a mask, the teacher will offer them one and ask them to put it on. If they refuse, they are sent to the principal's office and will again be asked to wear the mask, if they still refuse, they will be sent home. What a joke.

View Quote

Send your child back the next day with a note giving the school the name of your lawyer and directions where they can place their mask.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Did the court issue an injunction yet?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Fellow VA peeps, the only permanent solution to this is to recall every leftist school board member.  They must be removed.   I believe this is doable - file a petition at the county seat, get enough signatures - a minimum percentage required of those in the jurisdiction in which they were voted in, and then a hearing is scheduled where a decision is made.   At least that is how it is done for VA house members    We started one to recall Saslaw when the leftists took control and he rolled out the AWB.   He withdrew that bill and the recall died.  The Libertarian party is good at the door to door getting signatures part since this is necessary for them to field candidates.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#49]
@apexcrusade

Just between us arfcommers,
I've been engaged in a cold war
with my current wife over masks.

In 2020 my 6 y.o. son was saying
"We're people, not sheeple!" and
"They're wearing a mask in their
own car with no passengers."

After two years of re-education by
his Communist News Network/PMSNBC
watching mom and maternal grandmother,
my son is living in fear of going anywhere
without a face diaper.

I'd eject, but the govt. confiscated my parachute.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Got this email from Montgomery County today.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top