Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2020 9:23:00 AM EDT
Well, it's hit here in Southern New Jersey, I shop every Sunday at Shoprite around 0630-0700 in Glassboro, the panickers were in force today.

whats been hit hard or completely gone:

Paper ( I just don't get it, all gone, are people eating this stuff ? )
Milk
Rice
Waffles
Soups
Crackers, including Ritz
Frozen Pasta
Meats, Purdue Chicken was wiped out.
Bread
Frozen Vegetables
Disinfectants
Juices
Dry Soup Mixes
Frozen Pizzas

I was able to find almost all what I buy weekly, even doubled up on a few things, the dry boxed foods, canned and frozen stuff. I was already stocked up in the pantry, plus a good pile of 25 year emergency food.

How's everybody else in their towns ?

Chalk one up for the Hysteria News Channels
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Union County is in full panic buying mode.  I'll be in Hunterdon Country this afternoon and I'll see how things are going there.  One of the guys I work with had excellent luck stocking up on some supplies at 7-Eleven.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
sussex county is a clusterfuck. the franklin shop-rite looks like it was fucking looted (at least on saturday morning when i went to do my usual weekly shopping).

no:
paper
meat
soaps
disinfectants
ETC......
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My extremely anti-gun SIL is suddenly in a rush to get her and my brother their firearm ID's asap...

Fascinating times we're living in.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]
CO is crazy. All fresh foods are sold out. Don't bother looking for paper products. As of Saturday there was still plenty of frozen food. Background checks are taking up to 16 hours and there is a hard run on ammo.

USPSA and Church were cancelled.

Good to hear from you Bobby!

Mike
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CO is crazy. All fresh foods are sold out. Don't bother looking for paper products. As of Saturday there was still plenty of frozen food. Background checks are taking up to 16 hours and there is a hard run on ammo.

Mike
View Quote
same here---all fresh perishables were nearly gone. motherfuckers can't even hoard right LOL.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Mrs. went out early this morning, 75 people ON LINE waiting to get into WF. Yesterday at ShopRite no problems.

Some peeples were hordering and from their size maybe this was their REGULAR shopping habits.

God bless our Truckers for keeping the area supplied. This might be a day-to-day basis, fuknose....

BTH - has GOLD* to barter.

*Honey
View Quote
2019 honey Crop sold out in January, I barter with silver now
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote
Likewise Chief

State and Local Governments shutting down the free market in many states, but is the government shutting itself down anywhere out that way ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I am finding the same thing here in Marmora.  Perishable foods going fast while the long term canned items still on the shelf.  Couldn't find a scrape of poultry anywhere.  Plenty of eggs but a notice that the price was going to increase due to demand.  A lot of signs rationing you to 1 or 2 items per person if available.

I just went in to look around to see what the shortages were.  Didn't really need anything.

trldad
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
stupid is as stupid does
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
local butcher near me usually you walk in and pick a number.  there typically is around 5 people before you.  Friend said there was 40 numbers before him saturday morning.   Crazy
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Union County is in full panic buying mode.  I'll be in Hunterdon Country this afternoon and I'll see how things are going there.  One of the guys I work with had excellent luck stocking up on some supplies at 7-Eleven.
View Quote
Well, this was BJ's in Flemington at 9 last night, I doubt it looks better now.  I noticed on Monday that the newest milk they had was 03.19 which was the same as last Wednesday so I kinda figured supply had already started slowing down.  TP has been out for a week.  Still have pallets of Perrier and Smartwater for you guys though.

Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I shop at the Glassboro Store too. The chicken was gone by Thursday. Last of the hamburger by Friday from what I was told. I was also told the Mullica Hill Shoprite was rationing cat food. Now that's hardcore survival food lol.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#14]
For over 30 years we have been going to Jo-Jo’s at Five Points in Hamilton. Just got a text message from Nancy that they will be closed, indefinitely! I will miss my weekly pizza fix.

This is getting stupid. All because of some Commie red country that wants to dominate the world.

I will leave it there, do not want the ban hammer.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
just at Costco.  Plenty of food.  no toilet paper, no sanitizers. you will not starve.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I shop at the Glassboro Store too. The chicken was gone by Thursday. Last of the hamburger by Friday from what I was told. I was also told the Mullica Hill Shoprite was rationing cat food. Now that's hardcore survival food lol.
View Quote
 I might try the Tuna.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Store is about half way back to normal.  No TP and limits on paper towels, water, OTC medications and cleaning supplies but at least they had milk again.

Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't think you can get banned because of cow-plopping on the Commies, just can't use a derogatory descriptive feature that would define one of the multiple cultures that share make up the entire ethnicity inclusive of the subset *Commie*.
View Quote
I fucking love you!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My Cousin lives on LI, he has this HATED scumbag Gunshop near him. He unhappily went to pick up some ammo and found a line 145 people long! How did he know 145? Because his ticket said 146!

Anti-gunners were asking shit like, I've never done this before, I need something for the family and home protection. The FFL was stocking them with 12 or 20 Ga shotgun, pump or semi, plastic ammo to practice reloading and most were purchasing a case of ammo PLUS....
View Quote
It's good to be a handloader in these times!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Everyone has been busy attempting to purchase a handgun or ammo. I have read that the "lefties" bought the narrative of how easy it is to buy a weapon.  

SURPRISE. Welcome to the real world, bunch of gullible fools who all of a sudden realize that they have been told a bunch of lies! There is a process in place (NICS) which works better than they have been told.  Get in line and simply wait for the government to say its OK or "denied".

Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#23]
The Panic Buying has not abated, even with the purchase limits enforced on many things.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Panic Buying has not abated, even with the purchase limits enforced on many things.
View Quote

local SR had TP, sanitizer, paper towels, napkins, soaps, meats, ETC this saturday.

key is, i made the wife wake up so we could be there when they opened. and i shot directly to the necessities as she "shopped" LOL.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

local SR had TP, sanitizer, paper towels, napkins, soaps, meats, ETC this saturday.

key is, i made the wife wake up so we could be there when they opened. and i shot directly to the necessities as she "shopped" LOL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do that on Sundays, perhaps I need to change days and stores, I am not desperate for anything except chicken, there's no fresh Purdue nor Tyson chicken breast  
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to Wegmans for Haagen Dazs ice cream this week. Nothing! The usual price is $3.99. The ice cream freezer was slim pickings. McCaffrey’s had plenty but the price was $5.99. Not on you life am I paying that. The Mrs said we can try Shop Wrong. There was so much coffee ice cream I almost had a heart attack. Two pints later @ 2 for $5.00.

I am trying to be good and not eat a pint in one serving.

Maxwell
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
ROFL-!!!
I didn't even think it made sense. I've been waiting for Tom488 to write me, "T, uh WHAT?"
View Quote

Hey - these are unique times.  We all gotta be a little more understanding.  If you want to share makeup with someone else, who am I to question it?    (read the original post)
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#30]

I was thrown offguard by Maxwell's post about going out for ice cream at a time like this,  I guess ice cream is a go to food  in a SHTF scenario for some  
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Both Acme markets here in Morris Plains area remained cleaned-out of paper products as of Sunday, hamburger meat was gone.  Haven't been out since then as working from home is even busier than in the office lately.  It's been a few years since I checked in here, great seeing some familiar "faces" still around and BobbyTheHun still in the beekeeping trade!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Whoa, a stranger appears....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both Acme markets here in Morris Plains area remained cleaned-out of paper products as of Sunday, hamburger meat was gone.  Haven't been out since then as working from home is even busier than in the office lately.  It's been a few years since I checked in here, great seeing some familiar "faces" still around and BobbyTheHun still in the beekeeping trade!

Sasquatch sighting are more frequent  
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been almost a decade, busy times but I'm baaaaack!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top