Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2018 7:35:40 AM EDT
Guessing the discussion of Florida doing year round observance of daylight savings time is old news. But this one caught my eye: shifting the area west of the Apalachicola River (CST) to match the rest of the state in eastern time.

Panhandle going Eastern Time Zone
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Year round DST would be great.  The panhandle going to ET would suck.  I have more business due North in Alabama  than I do to the East in Tallahassee.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Year round DST would be great.  The panhandle going to ET would suck.  I have more business due North in Alabama  than I do to the East in Tallahassee.
View Quote
This. Being an hour ahead of places that are 60 miles due north would blow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
So. Technically year round DST would mean we are just on Atlantic standard time (one hour ahead of EST).

So during the summer we would match the rest of the east coast and Georgia. But wintertime you'd have to change your clock at the florida Georgia line

Worse still. If the panhandle were put on EDT/AST in the winter. Going into Alabama would be a 2 hour time change!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks like the Panhandle change is off the table, but the full-time DST is moving forward.

I’m ok with that
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
That is great news.  I'm good with it also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being an hour ahead of places 40 miles due west blows now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Time zones are stupid. There should just be one world time zone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top