Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 9:14:39 PM EDT
So back in months gone by, there was a thread here about the PBSSC...  I can't seem to find it any longer...  But in that thread, we kicked around the possibility of putting together a meet & greet & shoot & eat/drink after...  

Well, the park has been open for a while now and I was wondering: Is there any interest in putting something together???

I have been to the complex several times (working up a load for a new bolt action .308 Win rifle) and found the experience to be positive...  At this time, the only ranges that are open are 25 & 50 yard pistol and 100 & 200 yard rifle.  All targets are still just paper although electronic targets are on the agenda for the 200 and 300 yard ranges.  None of the shotgun fields are open yet...  If you want to shoot at the 200 or 300 yard range you will have to "qualify" (1x) @ the 100 yard range by putting most of 5 rounds inside a target circle 6 inches in diameter (just an FYI).
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So back in months gone by, there was a thread here about the PBSSC...  I can't seem to find it any longer...  But in that thread, we kicked around the possibility of putting together a meet & greet & shoot & eat/drink after...  

Well, the park has been open for a while now and I was wondering: Is there any interest in putting something together???

I have been to the complex several times (working up a load for a new bolt action .308 Win rifle) and found the experience to be positive...  At this time, the only ranges that are open are 25 & 50 yard pistol and 100 & 200 yard rifle.  All targets are still just paper although electronic targets are on the agenda for the 200 and 300 yard ranges.  None of the shotgun fields are open yet...  If you want to shoot at the 200 or 300 yard range you will have to "qualify" (1x) @ the 100 yard range by putting most of 5 rounds inside a target circle 6 inches in diameter (just an FYI).
View Quote

Sounds good, let's get it going before the weather gets hotter than hell
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Following
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Following
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Been waiting for ammo to become more available and affordable...
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Drove out there a couple weekends ago, the road into is a little rough, but overall the facility looks great.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Following
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
can you use AK's there?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m going tomorrow to shoot 100yd rifle. Need to zero a couple guns, Wish me luck. I generally don’t like county/state ranges. I’m sure someone is going to get kicked out while I’m there. If I have any good stories I will report back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Well?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
No good stories. Wasn’t a good experience. First We showed up at the 100yd range after checking in and had to wait a couple minutes to get a lane because the RSO was shooting someone’s gun and not watching the other customers ??. Finally got a lane next to a couple newbs who kept taking guns out of bags behind everyone and bringing them up to the line with mags in them and bolts closed. The RSO told them 3 times and didn’t kick them out. We had a hard east to west wind that was blowing the target carriers everywhere due to an opening in the berm at the NE corner of the range. Not thought out very well. I wasn’t expecting much and will more than likely not shoot rifle there again, however I am looking forward to the shotgun portion to open up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No good stories. Wasn’t a good experience. First We showed up at the 100yd range after checking in and had to wait a couple minutes to get a lane because the RSO was shooting someone’s gun and not watching the other customers ??. Finally got a lane next to a couple newbs who kept taking guns out of bags behind everyone and bringing them up to the line with mags in them and bolts closed. The RSO told them 3 times and didn’t kick them out. We had a hard east to west wind that was blowing the target carriers everywhere due to an opening in the berm at the NE corner of the range. Not thought out very well. I wasn’t expecting much and will more than likely not shoot rifle there again, however I am looking forward to the shotgun portion to open up.
View Quote

Thx, did they have any issue with AK's? I am happy at Okee Shooting Sports, but this is definitely closer for me as I am in N County
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn’t notice any restrictions on guns or calibers. Someone was shooting steel case and they had no issues with it so I doubt you would have a problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thx, did they have any issue with AK's?..
View Quote
Saw a guy with an AK last time I was there.  No problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top