Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2022 3:14:42 PM EDT
I have a forklift and numerous tractors with forks. But I need a regular manual pallet jack. Mine won't pump. It's full of fluid, so an o-ring has let loose on it. When I pick it up off the ground, the forks freely lift up the jack cylinder. Has no effect, the jack still won't pump.

There's no brand name one it, probably a chinese special my dad picked up somewhere for cheap.

I really don't have time to mess with it, anyone know of a repair shop that works on no-name jacks?

Or is this scrap? Where can I buy a new one?

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Many years ago I used a guy in Richardson called The Pallet Truck Company.  No idea if he is still there or not.  He was old a lot of years ago so I am guessing not.  Manual jacks are almost a disposable asset to most.  Being a chinese knock off from Harbor Freight or some of the warehouse equipment suppliers can be challenging to find parts for.  Wheels and some linkage is one thing but when you start needing orings and seals you need to count on fitting properly you are often out of luck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Harbor freight has them for $329. We have two of them that we use on crushed gravel base with up to two thousand pounds on them for the last five years. Other than being greased twice they have never been serviced or had any issues even with the abuse and grit they are subjected too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
add  little brake fluid in the fill port and pump it a bit.
if the seal isn't torn, it may swell enough to get a little more use out of it. last one I did that with lasted another 5 years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]
They have rebuild kits on Amazon but you’d need to know the model.  Other than that, I’d pick up a used one on Marketplace or Craigslist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jester_ISB:
Many years ago I used a guy in Richardson called The Pallet Truck Company.  No idea if he is still there or not.  He was old a lot of years ago so I am guessing not.  Manual jacks are almost a disposable asset to most.  Being a chinese knock off from Harbor Freight or some of the warehouse equipment suppliers can be challenging to find parts for.  Wheels and some linkage is one thing but when you start needing orings and seals you need to count on fitting properly you are often out of luck.
View Quote

if it's the same owner/operator, he's in Mansfield now.  https://thepallettruck.com/Home_Page.html

mm
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:10:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Austin4130] [#6]
Picked them up for jobsites from Grainger, Harbor Freight, Tractor Supply, Ramtool, Craigslist, Marketplace.... all over.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Research how to rebuild a pallet Jack on YouTube .

You probably have bad seals

Easy fi
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
If you decide to dig into it, these people have got the parts. Just bring them what you got.

H&D Distributors
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
It could be one or two easy o-rings that I have in my kit. Or it could be some oddball shit and seals that would have to be measured and ordered.

This is how I would imagine it would go.

I'd pull the thing part, spill hydraulic oil all over the place, cuss some stuff that wouldn't come apart. Bust out the kitty litter and the spill containment kit. Get all that shit mopped up.

Get all the pieces out, lose the ball bearing, realize I need to order some stuff, measure, order, wait 3 days, something wouldn't be quite right again, remeasure, research, re-order, wait 5 more days for the last part. End up driving over to the bearing shop, let the dude over there measure and order the correct part for me.

Go back to put it together, find out that there's dirt/water on the parts because of rain or some employees doing something, some other small part would be broken or go missing. Get it cleaned up. Get all the seals in, wait a day or two for the missing part to be ordered and show up. Get all that back together. Refill it with hydraulic oil, spill more oil, fart with it another 15 minutes getting all the air out of it. Then have to clean up and put away all my tools.

Or spend $380 and have uline deliver it the next day for $50.

The uline model is sitting on my dock as we speak.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joemama74:
It could be one or two easy o-rings that I have in my kit. Or it could be some oddball shit and seals that would have to be measured and ordered.

This is how I would imagine it would go.

I'd pull the thing part, spill hydraulic oil all over the place, cuss some stuff that wouldn't come apart. Bust out the kitty litter and the spill containment kit. Get all that shit mopped up.

Get all the pieces out, lose the ball bearing, realize I need to order some stuff, measure, order, wait 3 days, something wouldn't be quite right again, remeasure, research, re-order, wait 5 more days for the last part. End up driving over to the bearing shop, let the dude over there measure and order the correct part for me.

Go back to put it together, find out that there's dirt/water on the parts because of rain or some employees doing something, some other small part would be broken or go missing. Get it cleaned up. Get all the seals in, wait a day or two for the missing part to be ordered and show up. Get all that back together. Refill it with hydraulic oil, spill more oil, fart with it another 15 minutes getting all the air out of it. Then have to clean up and put away all my tools.

Or spend $380 and have uline deliver it the next day for $50.

The uline model is sitting on my dock as we speak.

View Quote

I agree.

Time > Money
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#11]
10-11 yrs on my harbor freight pallet jack. Gave it to a neighbor when I closed my warehouse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top