Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2022 4:04:33 PM EDT
I could use some backup here.  Things suck bad enough around here without companies enforcing laws that don't exist...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/PSA-enforcing-a-non-existent-assault-weapons-ban-in-RI-/301-302204/
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Khonsu:
I could use some backup here.  Things suck bad enough around here without companies enforcing laws that don't exist...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/PSA-enforcing-a-non-existent-assault-weapons-ban-in-RI-/301-302204/
View Quote

Thanks for correcting the issue!    Now we just need to get the mag ban thrown out
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 9:14:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#2]
Current link to RI General Laws, straight from RI State webserver: RI General Laws

Title 11, Chapter 47 is the area concerning firearms: 11-47 Weapons

This info was sent to the Industry Forum thread which sparked this thread.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA wouldn't even ship a red dot to CT since it could be used on an AR. FPSA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Toker_:
PSA wouldn't even ship a red dot to CT since it could be used on an AR. FPSA.
View Quote
Did this happen to you personally, and if so, when?  What did you do about the situation?
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:27:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#5]
Originally Posted By raf:
Did this happen to you personally, and if so, when?  What did you do about the situation?
View Quote

Yes, this happened to me about 5 years ago. Well after the AWB ban of 2013. I placed an order for a Trijicon MRO that was on sale and they placed my order on hold. After a few days, I called them to ask what happened to the order. They responded that they wouldn't ship it to CT since it could be used on an AR. I told them that there were a lot of legal preban ARs in circulation and that the red dot could also be used on rifles and shotguns.

They responded by saying that they wouldn't ship the item to me and as a one time courtesy, they wouldn't charge me the restocking fee. Nevermind the fact that nowhere on their site did they say that they wouldn't ship an optic to CT or why they  considered it an AR part. I also pointed out that the only part that couldn't be sold in CT was a new AR lower. Uppers and everything else are still legal. The representative still insisted that they couldn't ship it.

I've never purchased anything from them since. Especially when they are too stupid to understand simple laws.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:10:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#6]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

Yes, this happened to me about 5 years ago. Well after the AWB ban of 2013. I placed an order for a Trijicon MRO that was on sale and they placed my order on hold. After a few days, I called them to ask what happened to the order. They responded that they wouldn't ship it to CT since it could be used on an AR. I told them that there were a lot of legal preban ARs in circulation and that the red dot could also be used on rifles and shotguns.

They responded by saying that they wouldn't ship the item to me and as a one time courtesy, they wouldn't charge me the restocking fee. Nevermind the fact that nowhere on their site did they say that they wouldn't ship an optic to CT or why they  considered it an AR part. I also pointed out that the only part that couldn't be sold in CT was a new AR lower. Uppers and everything else are still legal. The representative still insisted that they couldn't ship it.

I've never purchased anything from them since. Especially when they are too stupid to understand simple laws.
View Quote
Sounds like the Sales Rep was just going by mistaken info given by their "Compliance" folks.  I would hope they have corrected the situation in the time since then, just as they corrected their mistaken "Compliance" info about RI since a number of folks bitched about it.

I understand your position, but sometimes mistakes happen.

Maybe you should post about this in their Industry Forum, and see if the issue was corrected.  If not for yourself, then do a favor for the next guy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top