Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2021 4:00:54 PM EDT
What gives?

Do supervised SCDNR ranges allow machine guns?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What gives?

View Quote

No, sorry.

SCDNR General Range Rules
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting that it says the mere possession of a full auto is prohibited.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Belton Gun Clhttps://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?b=8&f=65&t=653873&tl=PSA-range-in-Greenville-doesn-t-allow-machine-guns&r=7202860&page=1#ub I think allows members to use MG's.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Odd

You would think, based on their market, they would have no issues with legal FA.

It could be liability or not wanting to attract unwanted attention.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Considering the location and size of range, along with the stupidity of the general public, i can't really blame them.

Only indoor FA ranges I've been to had the ceiling and walls all shot up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
On public ranges FA is a violation of their insipid "no rapid fire" policies.

Manchester State Forest Range also prohibits use of FA.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting that it says the mere possession of a full auto is prohibited.
View Quote

In all likelihood the people who wrote those rules are not as wonderful as us.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Oddly enough, most of the ranges that have allowed full autos have been indoor in my experience. Yes, an uncontrolled full auto can easily hit the ceiling but that seems to be more of a risk with rentals than owners. The likelihood of an inexperienced shooter going out and spending $10,000-$30,000 on a gun (not to mention the $18 per second worth of ammo these days) is remote at best.

I’ve seen plenty of ranges that didn’t allow full auto and had their ceilings shot up. Hell, the PSA Greenville range doesn’t allow full auto and check out their ceiling lol

Oh well. As was mentioned I just thought with their big Pro-2A stance they wouldn’t have had such an issue with it. SCDNR I somewhat understand.

Quoted:

Or they value their property.  The indoor range near me burned down a few years ago because people didn't obey the range rules.....
View Quote

How does “possession” of a full auto cause a range to burn down? By the way SCDNR rules are written even if I have a full auto in my vehicle I am in violation and subject to trespassing. (Not that anyone would know, but it’s just a weird phrase to use)

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oddly enough, most of the ranges that have allowed full autos have been indoor in my experience. Yes, an uncontrolled full auto can easily hit the ceiling but that seems to be more of a risk with rentals than owners. The likelihood of an inexperienced shooter going out and spending $10,000-$30,000 on a gun (not to mention the $18 per second worth of ammo these days) is remote at best.

I’ve seen plenty of ranges that didn’t allow full auto and had their ceilings shot up. Hell, the PSA Greenville range doesn’t allow full auto and check out their ceiling lol

Oh well. As was mentioned I just thought with their big Pro-2A stance they wouldn’t have had such an issue with it. SCDNR I somewhat understand.

How does “possession” of a full auto cause a range to burn down? By the way SCDNR rules are written even if I have a full auto in my vehicle I am in violation and subject to trespassing. (Not that anyone would know, but it’s just a weird phrase to use)

View Quote

I thought Greenville rented full autos. I guess only under their supervision?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
that one on 378 in Lexington about 6 years back?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh well. As was mentioned I just thought with their big Pro-2A stance they wouldn’t have had such an issue with it.

View Quote

Whatever helps them make a buck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The range on Fernandina is OK for FA. They even rent them. I think the other ranges aren't built to the same standards and are restricted use because of that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The range on Fernandina is OK for FA. They even rent them. I think the other ranges aren't built to the same standards and are restricted use because of that.
View Quote

Doubt they are okay with FA when they're not holding you're hand with the rented guns. Range rules state no rapid fire.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:12:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What gives?

View Quote

Are you looking for somewhere to shoot your FA?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What gives?

View Quote

IIRC, City Arsenal on Poinsett Highway will let you bring your own as long as you are willing to show them stamps for any NFA items you bring.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 5:19:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I've got an outdoor range if you're looking to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Ironically, the Greenville range had a rental M249, the last time I checked.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are not correct. They do rent full auto weapons but they will not allow you to bring in Full Auto. I’ve tried.
Now Pantano (sp) out in Swansea allows you to bring and shoot FA.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I think Sharpshooters allows it. I know they used to do FA rentals at least.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top