Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2018 5:08:27 PM EDT
If your using Allstate for your auto insurance. May I suggest you call Geico today for a quote.  I just saved around $1000.00 for 6 months. This was after 5 attempts of trying to get Allstate to lower my premium.

After getting Geicos quote and telling my Allstate agent what it was he then came back to me $19.00 under geico.

To little to late. Fuck you Allstate!
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither one is cheaper for me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neither one is cheaper for me.
View Quote
Are you   Absolutely sure your get quoted the exact same coverage?

Fact,, Geico is the # 1 auto insurer in the state of florida.

One more thing. Since you didn't  say who you use. Keep in mind there may come a day that you need to settle a claim.
At that time depending on who you use. You may end up regretting what little savings you got from using that company.

I did work for Geico about 5 years.  It was a rather smooth process as opposed to a lot of other insurers.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they use OEM parts or Chinese knock offs?  Yes, I know the answer.............
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Believe it or not, when I added both my kids to my policy when they started driving it was right at $100 each. Both had their own vehicles which were about 10 years old... a Saturn 2-dr for the daughter and a Ford F-150 4x4 for my so.

I just dropped my son off our policy at age 22. My daughter is still on our policy.

Up until recently we had 2010 F-150 full coverage (me), 2013 Scion TC full coverage (son), 2010 Acura TL full coverage (wife), and a 2013 Kia Sorrento (daughter) full coverage was all under $400.00 a month IIRC. High deductible though at $1000 each.

My son just got his own policy at age 23, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, full coverage, about $80.00 a month.

Full disclosure... I've been with Geico since 1986 with zero claims and zero citations across the board.

ETA- more I think about it I believe it was under $350.00. Just looked it up, $356.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do they use OEM parts or Chinese knock offs?  Yes, I know the answer.............
View Quote
Who is they?  Not that it matters.  Because  as you know, they all do.  
That how ever is another topic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I had geico for 10yrs and they were never cheaper then anyone but I stayed because they were at least the best for the price. 21st century came around and was half of what I was paying with geico(and all other qoutes). I had 21st until they pulled out of the state and then back to geico, but at least they then charged me what 21st was.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had geico for 10yrs and they were never cheaper then anyone but I stayed because they were at least the best for the price. 21st century came around and was half of what I was paying with geico(and all other qoutes). I had 21st until they pulled out of the state and then back to geico, but at least they then charged me what 21st was.
View Quote
Auto insurance is a scam. You dont want to pay for it but can't live your life without it and they know it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes it is. No one can tell me why my rates are so high. And have been high for 10 years. And I don't have new cars. They are 5-15 years old.
No dings & great credit. I change companies every 6 months. I get a decent rate & then that company jacks it 6 months later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes it is. No one can tell me why my rates are so high. And have been high for 10 years. And I don't have new cars. They are 5-15 years old.
No dings & great credit. I change companies every 6 months. I get a decent rate & then that company jacks it 6 months later.
View Quote
Had an agent tell me back in 95. That if Dade county was cut away from Florida then pushed out in to the ocean.  My rates would drop in half.  He said there was so much insurance fraud taking place down there. The rest of the state pays for.
Have heard about the same thing  from insurance appraisers
Which may or may not be true. But it did sound plausible.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Going that same thing with Allstate here. Ended up switching after 15 years with Allstate. State farm ended up being cheaper by a considerable amount. Still about 15% higher then when in ct though. About the only thing that's more expensive then that shit hole state of ct
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I never thought it would happen, but starting in October I'm getting boned from USAA. They are jacking my premium up substantially, and I may actually have to leave them. No at-fault accidents or claims ever.

I've heard other veterans say they've gotten better rates through Geico over USAA. I may look into Florida Farmers Bureau too, I hear they have very competitive rates.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I will try again to see if I get lower quotes, I just got a mailer from work they use a few companies for auto insurance claiming its cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I never thought it would happen, but starting in October I'm getting boned from USAA. They are jacking my premium up substantially, and I may actually have to leave them. No at-fault accidents or claims ever.

I've heard other veterans say they've gotten better rates through Geico over USAA. I may look into Florida Farmers Bureau too, I hear they have very competitive rates.
View Quote
One of my brothers uses Florida Farm Bureau.  Next year I'll look in to them also.  Right now have bigger fish to fry.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I switched from Allstate to Geico 3 years ago and saved $2300.00 a year on three cars, both drivers over 50 and no accidents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top