Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2021 5:49:26 PM EDT
6 months filter change. I think ill be doing it every 3 from now on.

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
6 months filter change. I think ill be doing it every 3 from now on.

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/kaeuoj.jpg
View Quote

Shit.... Where are you geographically in FL? Not north Florida I hope!! Lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#2]
St Pete
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
St Pete
View Quote

I'll need to check my St Augustine water .... I fear the worst
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]

I feel like maybe they need to install the world's largest Brita out there....
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
St Pete
View Quote

Live in Ruskin across the bay. Installed filter also. Water quality has dropped here. Had a nasty smell and taste. Filter solved that.

Think it might have to do with all the construction here and tapping into water line.

But your picture is crazy nasty looking. To think people are drinking that crap.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Not north Florida I hope
View Quote

All I have to do is look at the hard water spots on my dishes & car after I wash & let dry....Yeah no...
No way for me to install a house filter system. So I use the shower head filters & a big brita
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Was that city tap water ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All I have to do is look at the hard water spots on my dishes & car after I wash & let dry....Yeah no...
No way for me to install a house filter system. So I use the shower head filters & a big brita
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Not north Florida I hope

I'm definitely spending some money on a good system when my house is built. I immediately ordered another filter for my fridge after seeing that picture
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was that city tap water ?
View Quote

Yep. Plumber told me water in system almost same as in pools.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#11]
While tap water is (generally) safe to drink, it is often filled with dissolved solids and other junk.

Put a drop on glass slide and let it air-dry and you will likely see the residue left behind.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
While tap water is (generally) safe to drink, it is often filled with dissolved solids and other junk.

Put a drop on glass slide and let it air-dry and you will likely see the residue left behind.
View Quote

Is the color brown when it dries

I use the refer with a filter. Filter lasts about 6 months. As far as cooking with it. I do because you pretty much boil it when cooking.  The tap water from sink just taste and smells really funny/bad. Especially the order sometimes.

But they are building subdivisions on my road like crazy. 900 unit one going in right now. That's just what they are doing now. I bet there has been 3000 or more homes built in little old Ruskin on 19th, 14th and Shell Point Rd in the last 10 years.

I bet when they tap into water lines they contaminate the water. Because these smells and odors started pretty much when all that construction started 7 years or more ago. I moved here because there was pretty much nothing here. Now it's being turned into another Brandon and Tampa slums.

Because they are moving alot of the project/HUD tenants down here. They're using section 8 assistance to rent houses. I wonder now that there is a housing boom going on what they'll do when property sells. Just thought of that.

I don't even let my dog drink it without filtering it. It's that bad.

Tampa water is just plain nasty. I won't even drink tap water there. I carry a case of bottled water in my truck.

Now that I think about it. I remember seeing sand particles in the water before right out of tap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top