Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2021 10:18:39 PM EDT
Sunday morning there was a shooting next door to my wife's place of work in Greensboro. This morning a GPD detective met with her (site security is one of the hats she wears) to review security camera footage. Her location has cameras that see part of the business next door and they recorded the incident.

From her conversation with the detective, shootings in Greensboro are getting out of hand. Most aren't even called in to 911 and few ever make the news. He said that the increase seems to be tied in part to the loosening of covid restrictions. More people are out and about,  etc...

As expected with this incident, nobody saw anything and the only description of the shooter was that he had dreadlocks.

I'd imagine this is happening state-wide. Even our quiet little Davie County community has had two homicides within the past few months.

Stay frosty out there gents.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You should see Charlotte....Shootings are just a normal part of the day around here....
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol Greensboro doing Greensboro things

Nowhere in Greensboro is far enough away from the hood.  Just stop at any gas station past 7:00 pm and you’ll see it plain enough.

Even when i lived their 10+ years ago you could hear gun shots almost nightly anywhere off Florida street.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol Greensboro doing Greensboro things

Nowhere in Greensboro is far enough away from the hood.  Just stop at any gas station past 7:00 pm and you’ll see it plain enough.

Even when i lived their 10+ years ago you could hear gun shots almost nightly anywhere off Florida street.
View Quote

Per the detective, it has gotten worse than "Greensboro doing Greensboro things".
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
All decent-sized cities in NC are seeing a surge in violent crime. Greensboro has really gone downhill in the last 30 years. Go visit Charlotte if you want your eyes opened though. It's horrible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top