Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
When did PSA stop selling ammo to IL.?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought some from them no more than 2 weeks ago. FOID on file, no hiccups at all.
also purchased from targetsportsusa.com and had no issue. Target sports even will allow you to take a pic and upload your foid. quite handy
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
My FOID is on file with them too.  Placed an order today and got an error message at checkout saying that the ammo couldnt be shipped to this state.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My FOID is on file with them too.  Placed an order today and got an error message at checkout saying that the ammo couldnt be shipped to this state.
View Quote

Zip code??
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
From the PSA T&C page, bolding added for highlight.  

I just tried ordering a case of 5.56 and it let me get to the page where it wanted my CC #.  I didn't proceed any further.  When are you getting the error message, and what ZIP are you?

We will not ship ammunition to the following areas:

California — No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.
   Connecticut — No sales without a valid permit.
   Alaska — No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
   Hawaii — No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
   Illinois — FOID required, ID required, No sales to Cook County and Chicago All other Illinois residents purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.
   Massachusetts — No sales. PSA will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
   Maryland — No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
   New York — No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs. For all other NY residents Ammo shipments must go to an FFL dealer or registered seller of Ammunition. Need a file copy of FFL/SOA.
   New Jersey — When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID. We must ship to the address on the FID.
   Puerto Rico —No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
   Washington D.C. — No sales. PSA will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just tried ordering a case of 5.56 and it let me get to the page where it wanted my CC #.  I didn't proceed any further.  When are you getting the error message, and what ZIP are you?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We will not ship ammunition to the following areas:

California — No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.
   Connecticut — No sales without a valid permit.
   Alaska — No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
   Hawaii — No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
   Illinois — FOID required, ID required, No sales to Cook County and Chicago All other Illinois residents purchasing ammunition within or outside the State of Illinois must provide the seller with a copy of his or her valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card or valid concealed carry license and either his or her Illinois driver's license or Illinois State Identification Card prior to the shipment of the ammunition. The ammunition may be shipped only to an address on either of those 2 documents.
   Massachusetts — No sales. PSA will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
   Maryland — No Sales to the City of Annapolis and Montgomery County
   New York — No Sales to New York City, or its five Burroughs. For all other NY residents Ammo shipments must go to an FFL dealer or registered seller of Ammunition. Need a file copy of FFL/SOA.
   New Jersey — When ordering ammunition commonly used in a handgun/to be used in a handgun, email us a copy of your Firearms ID. We must ship to the address on the FID.
   Puerto Rico —No Sales. Ammunition must be shipped to a freight forwarder.
   Washington D.C. — No sales. PSA will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia.

FWIW @OP you are lucky; CCI won't ship anywhere in IL
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When did PSA stop selling ammo to IL.?
View Quote

Don’t know, but I do know that if you are willing to deal with the back and forth BS, as long as you are in a county where you are legally eligible to receive said items, then you will be satisfied; I live 1 block south of the NAZI line, (Crook county/ Will county) and I have to deal with the crap constantly!
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in Lombard.  Almost squarely in the middle of DuPage County.  They have my FOID and DL in there records as I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from them.  This is the first time I have received that message.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would call them. Might just be a hiccup in their system, i.e. the geoblocking of shipping to certain ZIPs might be incorrect.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

That is probably a good idea
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Neither will Sig, and they have had ammo in stock for awhile.  Especially 300blk.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Neither will Sig, and they have had ammo in stock for awhile.  Especially 300blk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig won't even ship short barreled uppers to IL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top