Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2021 11:21:07 AM EDT
Was cutting some trees, in my yard yesterday. Found 2 of my neighbor's trash bags torn open and strewn about, w/ bear scat nearby. Was on a straight line from their house, up the hill, and into the land preserve. Didn't catch it on the outside cameras. Gonna set a gamecam up nearby.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. There was a large bobcat around here last year. Im guessing it is back because Zeke wants nothing to do with outside the last couple days.

The dog is ball motivated and usually has to be convinced to come inside. The last few days Ive had to coerce him to go outside for any amount of time, and when were outside he just sniffs around intently and then ducks back inside at the first chance. Wont chase the ball or anything. Something is around he doesnt want anything to do with.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Bears don't "really" hibernate.  They den up and their heart rate and metabolism slow some, but they're not like woodchucks or squirrels who's body temperatures go way down and heartrates go to single digits.   A bear in January can be up and chasing your ass just as quick as a bear in May.   The only reason they den up in the winter is because of lack of food - so as soon as the snow is gone, they're up and about.   Doesn't matter if it's 20 degrees in January or 40 degrees in April.

I've run into them in February while Coyote hunting if there's no snow.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Bears are everywhere around here.  It's just a common sight.  I just hope that the locals don't get TOO comfortable around t hem.  People love to go outside and take videos of them to post on social media.  Cute or not, they're still bears.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The state needs to open a season on them
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Squirrels dont hibernate
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. There was a large bobcat around here last year. Im guessing it is back because Zeke wants nothing to do with outside the last couple days.

The dog is ball motivated and usually has to be convinced to come inside. The last few days Ive had to coerce him to go outside for any amount of time, and when were outside he just sniffs around intently and then ducks back inside at the first chance. Wont chase the ball or anything. Something is around he doesnt want anything to do with.
View Quote

With the warm weather the smell of liberals is sickening. Your dog probably hates that smell.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

With the warm weather the smell of liberals is sickening. Your dog probably hates that smell.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Squirrels dont hibernate
View Quote

With a fat sucker on your avatar.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Squirrels dont hibernate
View Quote

I should have said "some squirrels" - you're right, grey (and red) squirrels don't, they're more like bears, they're just chillin.

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Squirrels dont hibernate

Squirrel hunting in the dead of winter is one of life's great joys.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Winter, eh?  You can open your kitchen window and "hunt" them from there without even putting on yer pants.  Nice!

Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:52:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do agree . One of the Best parts of my child hood was hunting squirrels in January.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:46:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reviving this to confirm my suspicions. I let Zeke out this morning and went to make my coffee. A minute later I hear Zeke barking in full fury at the corner of my woods by the rock wall (woods on the other side) and what do I see hauling ass through the woods? Not one, but two bobcats doing their best to get out of dodge.

Is it mating season or something? Never even heard of two cats hanging out together.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The state needs to open a season on them
View Quote
Heard a rumor it's in the works
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Heard a rumor it's in the works
View Quote

Good
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Too bad we can't hunt liberals too
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Too bad we can't hunt liberals too
View Quote

We can but it’s frowned upon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top