Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2022 11:06:58 PM EDT
I thought this would be a break from all the other crap going on.

I just discovered this guy's channel a few weeks ago. He had hundreds of videos close in and personal with all sorts of venomous snakes. He was employed by the PHX Herp Society and filmed a lot of his work cleaning cages and bathing/caring for snakes. (I get the vibe that most of us here love or at least respect venomous snakes, with a few experts on the topic). He claimed the sanctuary has the largest collection of venomous snakes in North America.

He started a YT channel years ago, which has grown to 200k subscribers. Last week, the Society had a meeting and stated all social media must be posted on their main page. They wanted a piece of the pie that the author of the above channel helped generate. He has quit his job at the Society, deleted all his videos, and is starting anew.

Just thought this was a tad of interesting local drama.

Why I Had To Remove All My Videos & The Future Of This Channel | Herpin Hippie
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
man what a dick move by the snake society.

I hope he is able to pick up the pieces and restart his channel. He seems like a real nice guy.

Thanks for posting OP!

--

edit : those videos of his reptile eating blueberries are super cute
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the "sanctuary" he was associated with is operated by the Phoenix Herpetological Society, which has no affiliation with the Arizona Herpetological Association.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe the "sanctuary" he was associated with is operated by the Phoenix Herpetological Society, which has no affiliation with the Arizona Herpetological Association.
View Quote

I updated the title and first post. You're correct. It looks like the AZ Association is a network of members where the PHX Association has a large physical building the public can take prearranged tours of.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:18:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It looks like the AZ Association is a network of members where the PHX Association has a large physical building the public can take prearranged tours of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like the AZ Association is a network of members where the PHX Association has a large physical building the public can take prearranged tours of.

Yep! I was a member of the Az Herp Assoc. back in the 70's.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Rather normal rule for most companies these days.  Anything filmed on their site requires their approval.  Sorry they could not come to some agreement.  But if you work somewhere that doesn't have a policy like this now.  They soon will.  Their site their rules.

At my job site we have had to walk off site several truck drivers over the last couple years for taking photos of stuff being unloaded.  We even had one guy they call the police on because he would not delete the photo's and got rather belligerent with people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:12:06 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a bummer. Joe is a cool dude, used to work with him years ago before he went to go work there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top