Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2016 11:02:34 AM EDT
For the southern Mainers -

Good news (great news, actually)! The old PAC N ARMS, now Southern Maine Firearms, is under new management and is being run like it was back in the basement / garage (for those of you long enough in the tooth to remember that).

Phil has a new manager in there who is working on taking over / purchasing the business. Several of the regulars who hadn't stepped foot in the shop for quite a while due to the previous manager are returning and everyone seems to only have good things to say (my experience there so far has been FANTASTIC!).

So if you're anywhere near Sanford, pop over to the gun shop in the mill on Emery Street and say hello to Kyle.

*this message was not paid for or endorsed by any candidate - but Bloomberg probably hates it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the hours the same ? I was going to head over a few weeks ago but the website showed he was only open 4-8 on weekdays.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the hours the same ? I was going to head over a few weeks ago but the website showed he was only open 4-8 on weekdays.
View Quote

I'm not sure what the hours are now. I think the guy running it works a regular job during the day, so I think M-Th it's late afternoon-evening and then all day F, Sat, Sun.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice to hear things are going back to the old ways.

Bought many a gun from that basement, and had a blast chatting with Phil and the guys through the years.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to high school with Phil and back when I had my own FFL and was home for a visit, I stopped in and saw his operation in his basement. Then, this past summer, I was home again and decided to stop in at the shop in the old mills. Holy shit, it was horrible. There didn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for how things were displayed, everything was dusty, and none of the 3-4 people in there bothered to say a single word to me (despite my making a couple trips around the store, picking up multiple items, over the course of 15-20 minutes). To say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. I'm glad to hear he's getting back on track.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to high school with Phil and back when I had my own FFL and was home for a visit, I stopped in and saw his operation in his basement. Then, this past summer, I was home again and decided to stop in at the shop in the old mills. Holy shit, it was horrible. There didn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for how things were displayed, everything was dusty, and none of the 3-4 people in there bothered to say a single word to me (despite my making a couple trips around the store, picking up multiple items, over the course of 15-20 minutes). To say I was unimpressed would be an understatement. I'm glad to hear he's getting back on track.
View Quote

All this time I thought you were a TN boy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Been a few years since I was last in the Sanford store (and bought several guns in "the basement" back in the day) Hope Phil is doing well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a lot of guns out of that basement. Good ol days
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:06:19 AM EDT
[#9]
i was around back in the basement days.

gettin old...
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top