Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:22:07 PM EDT
Important update, HB239 to require registration of all firearms.  Annual renewal with fee.  Fingerprints, SSN, photos all required.

• HB239  "All firearms...shall be registered...."  Photos, SSN, and fingerprints required with annual renewal fees!

• SR6 A Resolution directing the Joint State Government Commission to study the issue of violence prevention, to establish an advisory committee to conduct a thorough and comprehensive analysis of the underlying causes of violent crime, including mass shootings, and to report to the Senate with its findings and recommendations.

• SB192 An Act amending Titles 18 (Crimes and Offenses) and 53 (Municipalities Generally) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales in cities of the first class; establishing the Violence Prevention Fund; and further providing for limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition and for limitation on municipal powers.

• SB191 An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a limit on handgun purchases and sales; and establishing the Violence Prevention Fund.

• SB190 This bill would allow judges, the Pennsylvania State Police, mental health review officers, and county mental health administrators to share all documents concerning mental health treatment with the FBI.

• HB122 An Act amending the act of March 10, 1949 (P.L.30, No.14), known as the Public School Code of 1949, providing for trained school personnel.

• SB189 An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, prohibiting persons ordered to undergo involuntary mental health treatment on an outpatient basis from owning firearms.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The text of SB189 isn't currently available, so for me to comment would be premature.

HB122, I support without hesitation and I urge you to call your PA State House Rep and ask why he/she is not yet a co-sponsor.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even know that it was possible to do involuntary mental health treatment on an outpatient basis.
I always assumed that if it was involuntary, they had you locked up in a nice quiet padded room.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a bill yet..  http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=11034    (10rd mag limit )

Not a bill yet http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=10719   AWB      I think this is the same twats in the southeast that do this every year.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not a bill yet..  http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=11034    (10rd mag limit )

Not a bill yet http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=H&SPick=20130&cosponId=10719   AWB      I think this is the same twats in the southeast that do this every year.  

Thanks, will update once the actual bills are available.  Heh, the memo reads "magazine clips."
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I stupidly thought we'd bypass any of "Bans" coming from a State level with Corbet in office. I know from his response to the "Ruger Letter" that he now supports zero's AWB and Hi Cap Mag Ban".
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I stupidly thought we'd bypass any of "Bans" coming from a State level with Corbet in office. I know from his response to the "Ruger Letter" that he now supports zero's AWB and Hi Cap Mag Ban".

I got no response from him yet from the Ruger letter. What did it say?
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is this shit?
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is this shit?

Im not sure whats going on here, that would be a 360 from where he was at a few weeks ago.

I mean we are talking about Gov. Tom Corbett right?

ETA As of January 21st in a press conference he was not in favor of a state or federal ban for that matter. Id like to see WTF this Ruger letter is all about.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Dear (Recipients),

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible gun owner.

I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, Connecticut, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful and responsible owners like me are misguided. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?

Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NICS checks (National Instant Criminal Background Check System). Do NOT pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.

I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.

Sincerely, (Your Name)

Ruger letter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
WTF is up with HB239?  Is this even possible?  When will we know?  They really want to infringe our 2nd ammendment RIGHT.  "Shall not be infringed". Plain fucking English.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Email sent to my rep who is also on the Judiciary Committee.  I will post a reply once I receive it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The text of SB189 isn't currently available, so for me to comment would be premature.

HB122, I support without hesitation and I urge you to call your PA State House Rep and ask why he/she is not yet a co-sponsor.

WRT HB122, I'd prefer not to do anything that increase state government spending in PA.  Just ALLOW the schools to do it, IF they are currently prohobited, then get out of the way.  Let the parents and residents in any particular school district figure out if they want to pay for it and implement.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Checking in, have been swamped with work the past few weeks.  I'll be updating the OP tonight.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Checking in, have been swamped with work the past few weeks.  I'll be updating the OP tonight.

Any update?
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Tons, been swamped with work though.  I am gonna try to update this list Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Any update on this stuff?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#19]
HB366 supports semi auto hunting.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HB366 supports semi auto hunting.
View Quote

233 also supports use of semi auto in a more limited way.  Think 366 is better... anyone have a status update?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Moved here from Texas last year, do these bills ever get anywhere or is most of this just political pandering to get votes?
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Moved here from Texas last year, do these bills ever get anywhere or is most of this just political pandering to get votes?
View Quote

The same Democrats from Philly introduce this shit every year. And it never leaves the table of whatever committee it ends up on. For now. As long as we have control of both houses this crap is DOA.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Any pro-gun legislation in the works?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any pro-gun legislation in the works?
View Quote

Or anti.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#27]
We need to take the time to go VOTE when it comes around or we are headed for the same ban  that the UK has .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top