User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll take your word for it.

That being said as you admitted you were an FFL, you benefit from the government and the laws it puts in place, restrictions on certain transactions. I think that may bias you.

I worship the Lord, not man or his laws. When they are just and fair I do however follow them.
View Quote

So you're ok with convicted felon gang bangers having firearms after they complete their sentences?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 2:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Gosh…. Who knew how many here love wrapping that warm blanket of federal law around themselves…
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gosh…. Who knew how many here love wrapping that warm blanket of federal law around themselves…
View Quote

Nope, they are a bunch of worthless cunts but it is what it is and it's all we have.  Set laws aside...I personally do not think convicted felons should have the same "rights" as folks that have not been convicted.  My opinion and zero fucks given as to what others think.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He could've gotten this taken care of a long time ago.  ATF used to have a gun-for-felons program where they accepted applications and granted relief to certain felons.  Program has been defunded since the '90s though.  You can read about it here: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/there-way-prohibited-person-restore-their-right-receive-or-possess-firearms-and and here: https://vpc.org/publications/guns-for-felons/ (warning: plenty of bullshit propaganda at the bottom of the second link, but the historical information at the top should be edifying).

You could start thinking about antique weapons.  Would be pretty cool to have pops defend the old homestead with a muzzle loaded shotgun and a blunderbuss.  https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download

You could also just Google this.  That's literally what I did.  The above represents 7 minutes of effort.
View Quote

If only President Trump had decided to Fund This.  (allow the petition for the restoration of all rights for those who have completed ALL their legal obligations in relation to their crime(s) and debt to society for said crimes).   Not "automatic" but you have to petition to show WHY you should be allowed to have ALL the right(s) returned. (it was a non-violent "felony" for a crime like say "taxes or insider trading" or it was for a drunk fist fight 25 years ago and petitioner has had no criminal arrest since then ... ... ... )  

Of course - President Trump could also have named a Permanent Pro-Gun Director (instead of acting temporary) to fill the seat at the BATFE too while he had his 4 years in office.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Easy enough to say some gang-banging-murderer-child molester-mattress tag remover shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.  Then you find out that the misdemeanor assault charge your lawyer agreed to make the case go away 20 years ago now is classified as domestic abuse, and now you're prohibited as well.

Or your ex-wife / estranged son / HR department leftist / nosy neighbor files a red flag paper on you and a secret court held a proceeding without you and now you're prohibited as well.

Ever drive past a school with a gun in the car and no LTC?  You're a felon.  

Walk into the Capitol on Jan 6 and stay within the velvet ropes in the rotunda?  Oh double felon there.

If the pistol brace ban goes into effect, did you buy a fully legal pistol and haven't done anything?  You're a felon.

Who needs new gun laws when the government can just make everyone a prohibited person and have lifetime total gun control for them?  And in before some turd comes rushing in saying "it's still the law and even if you don't like it you'll go to rape prison and I won't blah blah blah".

Be wary of the government's ability to create whole classes of less than full citizens.  They always fill those ranks with the people they don't like and want to make powerless.  

Back to the original topic at hand from the Hulk and the finger - a quick internet search pulls up law firms that offer this as a service, and know far more about it than anyone here.  As with all legal matters, it'll be the range from Impossible to No Problem, depending on the circumstances of the case, and more importantly, how much money and influence you have.   Call a legal firm and start with them.  

Felon gun restoration Texas

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gosh.....Who knew how many here can't tell the difference between someone understanding current federal law vs agreeing with federal laws......
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So you're ok with convicted felon gang bangers having firearms after they complete their sentences?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That being said as you admitted you were an FFL, you benefit from the government and the laws it puts in place, restrictions on certain transactions. I think that may bias you.

I worship the Lord, not man or his laws. When they are just and fair I do however follow them.

Any freeman should be able to exercise all of their God given rights. Reasonable people can have discussion on who is allowed to be free and what appropriate punishment should be, but I think the Bible gives is a good place to start that discussion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Any freeman should be able to exercise all of their God given rights. Reasonable people can have discussion on who is allowed to be free and what appropriate punishment should be, but I think the Bible gives is a good place to start that discussion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So.......using that reasoning, a convicted child molester who has served his full sentence (a "freeman") should be allowed to resume his/her teaching career?
Oh hell no.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your religious, bible thumping preaching someplace else.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So.......using that reasoning, a convicted child molester who has served his full sentence (a "freeman") should be allowed to resume his/her teaching career?
Oh hell no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no.

A more appropriate sentence should be death, but if a jury of his peers sees reasons why that is not an appropriate punishment then he should have all rights restored upon completion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gosh.....Who knew how many here can't tell the difference between someone understanding current federal law vs agreeing with federal laws......
View Quote

The tone of this post places you in the latter category.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sure.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#14]
SO...   Trying to get Back on Track...

If I understand the situation - if one is a convicted FELON, the only hope is to get a PARDON from the Governor of the state where person committed said felony to negate the conviction.

Otherwise it doesn't matter if the State of Texas says you can own a firearm after X # of years, because FEDERAL law trumps State Law and the Federal law is NO Possession of a Firearm by a Felon.

Are we ready for Next Topic?

Preferable about the sexy lady neighbor who keeps showing up nude at your front door to borrow condiments?

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If only President Trump . . . .  
View Quote

It's almost like he was a lifelong Democrat who hasn't cared about gun owners a day in his life.

"Take the guns first; go through due process second."
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

but if a jury of his peers sees reasons why that is not an appropriate punishment then he should have all rights restored upon completion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no.

but if a jury of his peers sees reasons why that is not an appropriate punishment then he should have all rights restored upon completion.

Sorry (not), but it just doesn't work like that.  It's called "recidivism".
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no.

That is literally how it works each case is unique and has it's own facts and should be decided on a case by case basis. If a family member decides to go Gary Plauche on someone they too should be judged on the merits of that case hopefully to similar results. There should be no mandatory minimums a judge and jury should decide.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is literally how it works each case is unique and has it's own facts and should be decided on a case by case basis. If a family member decides to go Gary Plauche on someone they too should be judged on the merits of that case hopefully to similar results. There should be no mandatory minimums a judge and jury should decide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell no.

I don't think you know what the term recidivism means.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do and it should be one of the things the judge and jury should take into consideration. The judge in Gary Plauche's case didn't think it would be an issue thus his sentencing. I argue he should have had his gun rights returned after completing his probation and community service for his manslaughter conviction.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do and it should be one of the things the judge and jury should take into consideration. The judge in Gary Plauche's case didn't think it would be an issue thus his sentencing. I argue he should have had his gun rights returned after completing his probation and community service for his manslaughter conviction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you understand the realities of criminal justice in America, much less the criminal mindset.
Sure, judges and juries can sentence the convicted to 87 years, but rarely does that mean he'll serve 87 years. The judge/jury don't run the correctional system.

Why? Housing, feeding & guarding cons ain't cheap. Few voters have the want to spend their tax $$$ on more and larger prisons. They would rather their tax $$$ be spent on on schools, hospitals, roads and border walls. Being that overcrowding in prisons has resulted in multiple federal lawsuits, jails and prisons have to release many  well before their time is up. To do this states have "good time" provisions that sometimes mean the convict is released days after conviction.......because he's been in jail since the day he was arrested.

See "Good Time" by state

While the sentence the court imposed may include incarceration as part of the punishment, so is loss of certain rights that GOES WITH A CONVICTION.  Don't like it, don't rape, rob or kill.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a strange feeling you have had your rights taken away and you're butt hurt over it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a strange feeling you have had your rights taken away and you're butt hurt over it.
View Quote

I have a strange feeling you lick jackboots.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Some crimes need to re-looked at to see if they really should be a felony. Some laws have changed, I know a guy that got arrested with 8 joints in his house in '63, charged and convicted of a felony. Now it is an infraction with maximum fine of $100.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you completely miss or not understand this post by 1stID?

Quoted:
Easy enough to say some gang-banging-murderer-child molester-mattress tag remover shouldn't be allowed to own a gun.  Then you find out that the misdemeanor assault charge your lawyer agreed to make the case go away 20 years ago now is classified as domestic abuse, and now you're prohibited as well.

Or your ex-wife / estranged son / HR department leftist / nosy neighbor files a red flag paper on you and a secret court held a proceeding without you and now you're prohibited as well.

Walk into the Capitol on Jan 6 and stay within the velvet ropes in the rotunda?  Oh double felon there.

If the pistol brace ban goes into effect, did you buy a fully legal pistol and haven't done anything?  You're a felon.

Who needs new gun laws when the government can just make everyone a prohibited person and have lifetime total gun control for them?  And in before some turd comes rushing in saying "it's still the law and even if you don't like it you'll go to rape prison and I won't blah blah blah".

Be wary of the government's ability to create whole classes of less than full citizens.  They always fill those ranks with the people they don't like and want to make powerless.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give zero fucks about your strange feelings.  My comment was not directed at you "Karen".

Fucking felon "snow flakes" are butt hurt because they lost their "rights"...boo hoo boo hoo!

If your a felon then your shit out of luck, I don't give a fuck who you are.  You made poor decisions, you made your bed now sleep in it beeeaaatch!
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I give zero fucks about your strange feelings.  My comment was not directed at you "Karen".

Fucking felon "snow flakes" are butt hurt because they lost their "rights"...boo hoo boo hoo!

If your a felon then your shit out of luck, I don't give a fuck who you are.  You made poor decisions, you made your bed now sleep in it beeeaaatch!
View Quote

Always becareful about your shit out of luck attitude. Pedo Joe has no problem making you a FELON!

If you want to get picky you are a felon if lying on a 4473. Now when they ask you your weight and you put down 185 lbs. but you gained 25 lbs and are now 210 lbs. Well you committed a FELONY. Now you are not special like Pedo Dooper Hunter Biden so you committed a felony.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes that sucks.

Tell me more about these red flag laws in Texas and these secret courts.

No sir.
A felon is someone convicted of a felony. You aren't a felon until sentenced.
You aren't prohibited unless indicted or convicted.

Who needs new gun laws when the government can just make everyone a prohibited person and have lifetime total gun control for them?  

Um, yeah.....that hasn't happened.
"the government" is the shitheads you and I elect.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Always becareful about your shit out of luck attitude. Pedo Joe has no problem making you a FELON!

If you want to get picky you are a felon if lying on a 4473. Now when they ask you your weight and you put down 185 lbs. but you gained 25 lbs and are now 210 lbs. Well you committed a FELONY. Now you are not special like Pedo Dooper Hunter Biden so you committed a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief...grasping at straws there aren't you?

Fuck that cunt Hunter "Bitch Boy" Biden!  You hear me Joe?  Fuck your stupid ass kid!
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck that cunt Hunter "Bitch Boy" Biden!  You hear me Joe?  Fuck your stupid ass kid!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really just telling you like it is.

I have no problem with murderers, robbers, even embezzlers being convicted of Felonys. In fact child molesters should never be released from prison due to you can not cure the sickness and they even admit it. But how do you explain marijuana that was a felony and now is a class C misdemeanor or infraction.

People are ARFcom got all butt hurt when Mike Huckabee was governor of Arkansas and pardoned over a thousand people with felony marihuana convictions, because the law changed to a class C misdemeanor or infraction.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have no problem with murderers, robbers, even embezzlers being convicted of Felonys. In fact child molesters should never be released from prison due to you can not cure the sickness and they even admit it. But how do you explain marijuana that was a felony and now is a class C misdemeanor or infraction.

People are ARFcom got all butt hurt when Mike Huckabee was governor of Arkansas and pardoned over a thousand people with felony marihuana convictions, because the law changed to a class C misdemeanor or infraction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"you made your bed, now sleep in it"...

4473 is pretty clear about drug use
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#31]
As long as we have a total train derailment here - some questions for consideration:

1 How did government obtain the power to prohibit any type of ownership of private property?

2 Name any other type of property the government prohibits from ownership based on a legal action - should a person found guilty of DWI be able to purchase a motor vehicle?

3 Are there limits to what crimes my be categorized as felonies?

Discuss
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So someone that smoked some weed 30-40 years ago is still a drug addict in your eyes? I guess you still believe in prohibition and slavery.

I bet you screamed and cried when people get pardoned..
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As long as we have a total train derailment here - some questions for consideration:

1 How did government obtain the power to prohibit any type of ownership of private property?

2 Name any other type of property the government prohibits from ownership based on a legal action - should a person found guilty of DWI be able to purchase a motor vehicle?

3 Are there limits to what crimes my be categorized as felonies?

Discuss
View Quote

1. Government doesn't prohibit ownership of firearms for prohibited persons, it prohibits possession. A prohibited person can have an ownership interest in a machine gun for example, but not be legally able to possess it.
2. Ownership of a motor vehicle has nothing to do with being legally able to operate a motor vehicle.
3. How crimes are categorized is up to the legislature in a state or for federal crimes, Congress.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
how do you explain marijuana that was a felony and now is a class C misdemeanor or infraction.

View Quote

Felony charges for marijuana possession aren't because of a couple of joints.
In Texas, possession of 4 oz is a felony, while selling .25oz or more is a felony.
https://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-marijuana-laws.html
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In Texas, possession of 4 oz is a felony, while selling .25oz or more is a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do you explain marijuana that was a felony and now is a class C misdemeanor or infraction.

The laws have changed over time. Just like unlawful carry, used to be you could not legally carry a handgun, this Sept you don't even need a permit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So someone that smoked some weed 30-40 years ago is still a drug addict in your eyes? I guess you still believe in prohibition and slavery.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're just being unrealistic.

We are talking about convicted felons not someone that has lied on a 4473.  We both know that hardly anyone is prosecuted for lying on a 4473.  Hunter, you out there dick head?

Like previously stated, you're only a FELON when you're CONVICTED, not before.

Line e on the 4473 is very clear (present day), not 30-40 years ago.

e.  Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?  Warning:  The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized       for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Unfortunately some people are WRONGFULLY convicted of felonies and if a pardon is in order than so be it, a pardon it is.

Our court system is not perfect but it is what it is.  If you want to change or modify laws then vote (but I don't have to tell you that).
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We are talking about convicted felons not someone that has lied on a 4473.  We both know that hardly anyone is prosecuted for lying on a 4473.  Hunter, you out there dick head?

e.  Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?  Warning:  The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized       for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Unfortunately some people are WRONGFULLY convicted of felonies and if a pardon is in order than so be it, a pardon it is.

Our court system is not perfect but it is what it is.  If you want to change or modify laws then vote (but I don't have to tell you that).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look there are crimes are felonies that should not be. I also don't believe in letting prisoners out early until at least the minimum of the sentenced is served. California has been letting out thousands of felons from prison very early using Covid as an excuse. Many are long time gang members or career criminals, yet are locking up gun owners for simply having an AR or 30 round magazine.

The reason why crime and murders are so high in Harris and Travis county is because DA's refuse to charge these gang members, illegals and career criminals. Because of this you have innocent people getting murdered.

Many laws need to be changed, some tougher, some loosing, other getting rid of completely. I think many laws when passed need a sunset in them, that way if they don't work they automatically go away. Kind like Pedo Joe/Fienswine's 'assault weapon' ban part of the crime bill.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like this weak wristed sister is officially butthurt.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I worked for TDCJ Parole Division for Twenty years. I never knew of a single case where a Ex felon I.E sentence completed any number of years got his rights to own a firearm back. TX Parks and Wildlife for a time said they could hunt with black powder. ATF says a felon or ex felon may not have control  or own explosives' or Any type of gun powder.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all.  I'm not a felon, I have all my constitutional rights!  

You must be a special kind of "special"...GFY!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#41]
COC#6
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top