Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2020 6:28:25 PM EDT
I'll be moving up to southern NH next month from North Texas and I'm looking for outdoor shooting range options. I found a nice range near my new house called Pelham Fish & Game Club. Are there any members of this range on arfcom and, if so, what are your experiences shooting at this range?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been a member of PF&G for several years.
It's a fantastic club, with great facilities.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Im also a member at PFG. Im mostly into midrange rifle, so im quite active within our 600 yd range . Whatever your shooting passion is, pfg has got a range for you .
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Road_Clam:
Im also a member at PFG. Im mostly into midrange rifle, so im quite active within our 600 yd range . Whatever your shooting passion is, pfg has got a range for you .
View Quote

@gunslinger7186 and @Road_Clam thank you both for the feedback!
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I was a member at Pelham two separate times when I lived closer, it's a nice facility. Just follow the rules regarding the gate (especially with guests lol).
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
You should also take a look at Londonderry F&G (located in Litchfield). Very nice outdoor ranges and what appears to be no-nonsense management.

All ranges are outdoors. Currently no member access to the building other than for meetings. No plumbing or electric at the building. Plans in the works for building a real clubhouse with plumbing and electricity.

You need to get on a waiting list that gets pulled in mid-September and when people fail to renew, they offer the slots from said waiting list.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive shot as a guest at Londonderry a few times , very nice range, very relaxed club rules especially reguarding guests. Pelham on the other hand has a LOT of rules. Some of which i agree with, some i dont. However Pelham has over 2000 members and when you have that many, you are bound to have the brainless shitheads. So rules are necessary in the big safety picture. Unfortunately at this time our new member application process is on hold until further notice. The good is the fact Pelham doesn't have a waiting list. All are welcome to apply with a pelham member sponsor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Another PF&G vote/member here.

I’m a FNG for a few months.

Welcome, OP.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone a member or have any experience at Deering fish and game club?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll ask a follow up question if it's alright

Anyone here a member at either Raymond Sportsmans Club or Chester Rod and Gun club?

They are both right around the corner from me.  I know they both lack things other clubs offer but I'm strictly thinking of location and convenience.

Thanks

Ian
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im also a member at PFG. Im mostly into midrange rifle, so im quite active within our 600 yd range . Whatever your shooting passion is, pfg has got a range for you .
View Quote

PFG member here as well. The place rocks! The qualifications for everything annoy me though.

I need to get in on the 600 yard qualifications.

Been a member since I moved up here in 2014.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Ian.

I was just thinking about joining Chester do to location and archery facilities.

I use to shoot at both with the granite state bow hunters league.  But never have I shot firearms at either not have I been to either in 5ish years so would be interested in feed back as well.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a member at Chester. What would you like to know.

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I might as well get in on this: How is Nashua Fish & Game? They seem to have similar facilities to Pelham from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I might as well get in on this: How is Nashua Fish & Game? They seem to have similar facilities to Pelham from what I can tell.
View Quote

Other than the 200/300/500/600 yard hi power range the rest of ranges are useless and the place is run by anti gun people who are afraid of guns. Very rule heavy and no where to shoot pistols at defense type distances and practice defense type skills.  They do have an action pistol range that is open for scheduled events but the events are in no way practical and they are teaching bad habits that will get people killed on the street

Unless you are a hi power shooter avoid Nashua.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]
For any current Pelham Fish & Game members, roughly how long should I expect to wait for a membership interview once I've submitted my application?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For any current Pelham Fish & Game members, roughly how long should I expect to wait for a membership interview once I've submitted my application?
View Quote

You should hear from the club in about a month or 2 .  Be patient, were all volunteers and things happen slowly but you will hear from us. Your looking at about 4 months from application to your member badge "in hand".  PM me and i'll meet up with you and have you as a guest and we can shoot if your interested.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree, was a Nashua F&G member for years because of the KD style range out to 600yards. It got way to political and a lot of internal squabbling between the two major factions. It ust wasn’t worth it.

However, they do/did have the 600 yard range open on Saturdays as an open shoot. You just had to qualify.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top