Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2020 7:23:12 PM EDT
Moved to Springdale a few years ago. Looking for a good outdoor range to get some shooting in. Anyone know of a good place?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:36:49 PM EDT
You're out of luck for this area.

Hobbs is shutdown for "repair" but it looks like it will not reopen. The only other outdoor range I know of is Bella Vista; but you need to be a member. I've heard rumors that there may be one in Centerton; but I cannot verify.

Most everyone I know has just been driving down to the Ozark National Forest and shooting.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:50:50 AM EDT
Lonesome Oak Guns and Range is the outdoor range just West of Centerton.
They require a membership. To be a member, they require you to be an NRA member and have your AR CHCL.

If you want to check it out, I'll gladly take you out as a guest.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:03:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2020 9:04:37 AM EDT by SyberSniper]
I too have been looking for a place to shoot rifle. Wonder if they would accept an out of state CWP?
Had 300yd back in AZ but dirt is hard to move. I hear there is a 200 yd somewhere around here that the Rogers club uses but I sure haven't found it yet.
Can you give me a general idea where to go in the Ozark Forest?
I clean up my trash and any others i find.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 4:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/5/2020 5:10:48 PM EDT by Omni]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SyberSniper:
I too have been looking for a place to shoot rifle. Wonder if they would accept an out of state CWP?
Had 300yd back in AZ but dirt is hard to move. I hear there is a 200 yd somewhere around here that the Rogers club uses but I sure haven't found it yet.
Can you give me a general idea where to go in the Ozark Forest?
I clean up my trash and any others i find.
View Quote

Anywhere that you can find the distance you need and is safe. Using satellite maps I usually look for fields that I can walk into and are not right off of the road. Try and get as far away from everything as you can and keep your targets with you. Game and fish frowns on you walking around with a loaded rifle and the targets help prove what you are doing.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/visit/know-before-you-go/shooting

ETS: I also forgot about Rogers gun club, it a private outdoor range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 12:02:44 AM EDT
There are a couple of outdoor ranges in SW Mo as well. Flag springs is just across the line and there is another at Neosho, can’t remember the name of it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 7:55:16 AM EDT
Thanks for the tips...
seems like until I find my SSITF (secret spot in the forest) to replace my SSITD (desert) I will have to spend some time planning and scouting.

Right now I'm using the BV 100yd range to re-sight in my rifles, since i removed all optics for the move.
Will also re-chrono some loads to see how the -3000 ft elevation drop affects my POI.
Would like to find out more about the Rogers club... got no reply from their website contacts...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:48:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Omni:

Hobbs is shutdown for "repair" but it looks like it will not reopen. The only other outdoor range I know of is Bella Vista; but you need to be a member. I've heard rumors that there may be one in Centerton; but I cannot verify.

Most everyone I know has just been driving down to the Ozark National Forest and shooting.
View Quote

Yea I need to find a safe place to shoot there in the ONF.  If anyone has a decent location please share.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:22:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Omni:

View Quote

This is second hand but a friend of mine told me he emailed the group that runs Hobbs and they told him the range may open mid 2021.  Take that for what it’s worth.  It was a nice range, but not a place I liked to be when it was busy.  Had a family setup to my right one time.  I glanced over and the 7 year old girl was sitting at the bench handling a handgun and sweeping all of us to the left.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2021 9:43:49 PM EDT by ARKYARGUY]
“I glanced over and the 7 year old girl was sitting at the bench handling a handgun and sweeping all of us to the left”

Geezus...
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:04:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARKYARGUY:
“I glanced over and the 7 year old girl was sitting at the bench handling a handgun and sweeping all of us to the left”

Geezus...
View Quote

I've never been but I've heard a lot of stories like this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:09:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Killface:
Lonesome Oak Guns and Range is the outdoor range just West of Centerton.
They require a membership. To be a member, they require you to be an NRA member and have your AR CHCL.

If you want to check it out, I'll gladly take you out as a guest.
View Quote

@Killface

What is their range like? I see their sign whenever I drive out towards the airport but I never have stopped by.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:20:53 AM EDT
@finnfan

All bays are U shaped berms. 5 pistol bays varying in width and depth (all are at least 10 yards deep). 2 rifle bays that are around 30 yards (my uneducated estimate). I'm a huge fan of the range.

Let me know if you'd like to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:29:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Killface:
@finnfan

All bays are U shaped berms. 5 pistol bays varying in width and depth (all are at least 10 yards deep). 2 rifle bays that are around 30 yards (my uneducated estimate). I'm a huge fan of the range.

Let me know if you'd like to check it out.
View Quote

@Killface

Thanks for the info. I would very much like to check it out. We'll have to meet up sometime.

When the weather warms a bit tho!
Top Top