Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2021 2:31:20 PM EDT
Anybody use them as their ffl for online sale/transfer? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used them.  I haven't actually been there in years after a couple negative experiences with their staff and the various junkies that live in the area.  I know there are some added taxes on guns and gun stuff in Seattle, which you may want to get clarification on before using them just so there aren't any surprises.  In fairness, the taxes on guns and ammo purchases in the city are not OE's fault, but they do factor in to my decisions on where I shop.

I've used Pantel Tactical in Renton highlands a bunch of times now, zero issues and always pretty quick.  I know it's a ways from south Seattle, but if OE has to charge a $25 tax on a gun sale in Seattle on top of their $25-$40 or whatever transfer cost, it might be worth considering going outside of the Seattle city limits anyway.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used them (OE) several times, most recently last week - No problems whatsoever.

As a heads up though, their FFL fee is $75 for non-members and $50 for members. Membership is $25, and I have found that the member discount does an ok job of working towards cancelling out the Seattle ammo tax.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used Pantel Tactical in Renton highlands a bunch of times now, zero issues and always pretty quick.  I know it's a ways from south Seattle, but if OE has to charge a $25 tax on a gun sale in Seattle on top of their $25-$40 or whatever transfer cost, it might be worth considering going outside of the Seattle city limits anyway.
View Quote

I like to spread the monetary love, so to speak, to support 2nd-A business, have used Pantel Tactical on many occasions for NFA purchases, & I'm way up in NoSnoC, if that says anything. PT is a cool old school style shop & Josh is a former 75th guy, always been good to deal with. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend if you're in the region. Seattle to Renton commute would be like peanuts to me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Another yes to pantel.

$75 for 60 minutes driving is over scale. Fuck I'll drive you round trip for that.

GunBer

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used them (OE) several times, most recently last week - No problems whatsoever.

As a heads up though, their FFL fee is $75 for non-members and $50 for members. Membership is $25, and I have found that the member discount does an ok job of working towards cancelling out the Seattle ammo tax.
View Quote

+ 1. I’ve used them for transfers of stripped lowers during the past year. Never had problems- walked out the door with what I came to get, right after the NICS check. Nice people.

I bought a membership, which now only needs the savings from one transfer to pay for itself, since they unfortunately raised their fee for transfers. I was in there last month and they had Anderson stripped lowers in stock, for a decent price. But maybe it’s time for me to check out Pantel Tactical.

ETA: I wasn’t charged any extra Seattle gun tax for my transfers, but these were just receivers. As is the case statewide, they do have to collect the sales tax if the shipping dealer hasn’t already collected it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top