Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2020 2:27:36 PM EDT
I know a lot of people from both PA and VA that either want to move to NC now, or retire there.  Some want cheaper land or a lower cost of living, while others see it as a refuge from their failing states.

I'm not too familiar with anywhere outside of Pitt County.

Do you think newcomers are ruining your state?

(Carpetbaggers sure ruined VA, though)
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Carpetbaggers are ruining our state as well, although they get plenty of help from some of the natives.

Sad state of affairs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  They generally completely profanity edited - DV8 up their old state with piss poor voting habits and when they get what they voted for then they want to move. At the new spot they repeat the cycle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
So what place in NC is the biggest crapshow right now?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
YES!!! Absolutely ruining it.......
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what place in NC is the biggest crapshow right now?
View Quote

The whole state , I see New York tags daily in my area . You used to just see them on the interstate headed to Florida , now they are crawling all over the place . Statesville
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
yes many nyers are moving here along with people from chicago on the coast.. they are buying up the lots like no tomorrow. Average lots/home going for 30% more than the asking price...

People don't realize the cost to live in NY unless you are from the way upstate or western part of NY.  

People see the prices down here and don't blink an eye at it.. its cheaper than what they are use too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Worst part is they move here, then encourage the rest of their screwed up friends and family to move here.

Then they want to tell you what is wrong or how we should be doing things.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Well not all but most of the dumb yankees will.. they don't understand what makes the south great and unique.

They need to learn from the mistakes of what they made in the north and make sure they don't repeat what they are escaping from.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I’m a half back. I grew up in New York, lived in Florida for a while. Now I’ve been here for years. I’d go back to NY but I’d be a felon. Most of my guns are illegal there.
Point is, not all transplants are bad.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, I’m a half back. I grew up in New York, lived in Florida for a while. Now I’ve been here for years. I’d go back to NY but I’d be a felon. Most of my guns are illegal there.
View Quote

You're absolutely right - not all transplants are bad.  I'm a transplant by default.  Sometimes it's simply more fun to stereotype.  I've met more than a few New Yorkers, even from NYC, who were genuinely nice and in no way self-absorbed.  I sometimes get stereotyped when I post in other states' hometown forums.  I'd rather live next to anybody, transplant or otherwise, who leaves me to live my life, than anybody "like me" who wants the government to control my life.

So...enjoy NC now, before it becomes VA junior.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I'm a half back. I grew up in New York, lived in Florida for a while. Now I've been here for years. I'd go back to NY but I'd be a felon. Most of my guns are illegal there.
View Quote
Are you me?

Upstate New York until 15, FL until active Army at 17, back in FL from 21-31 and NC resident since then.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you me?

Upstate New York until 15, FL until active Army at 17, back in FL from 21-31 and NC resident since then.
View Quote

lol!
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are you me?

View Quote

So, what was NC like in 1931?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a transplant from IL for the second time ('06-'12, back since mid '18) thanks to the Air Force, planning on retiring here.

The wife and I are two red votes in a blue county so not all transplants are bad.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#15]
A recent transplant refugee from South Florida here.
I grew up and spent my life in northern Palm Beach County. When I was young, it was still small town old Florida.
Now it's a yankee paradise. It's a total crap-show from liberal local government to taxes, traffic and development.
The complete lack of any common courtesy and complete rudeness by the northern invaders is what irritated me the most.

The one good thing this pandemic did was to give me the motivation to do what I've been dreaming of doing for years - get the hell out.
We had seriously been looking around the Mooresville area; but Mooresville down to Charlotte is everything we were trying to escape.

We came up in June to check-out the Winston area and absolutely loved it. We got a place with acreage west of Winston away from everything; but still with 15 minutes of all the shopping we need.
I brought four more red votes with me; so I'm doing my part to try and save things.

All of my interactions with local business, contractors, and tradesmen has been super. I've met a lot of very nice people.
I hope it doesn't change.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#16]
NC will be solid blue in another two election cycles unless something miraculous happens. Seems really basic to me, you hate where you live so you move somewhere you perceive to be better. Then you turn around and vote in the same dumbass policies and people who made where you came from a sh*thole. I’m sure someone will be along to correct me shortly (8th generation) North Carolinian.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I married a transplant from PA, took awhile to tame her but she came around.  Still go in the voter booth with her to make sure she ain't backslid on me.  Funny thing happened at the polls when I helped the wife vote.  A poll worker said I could not help her, I replied "You just helped the person ahead of us" and nothing was said after that.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Born in NewPort News Virginia
Educated at Fork Union Military Academy in Fork Union, Virginia

Been a NC resident since 1986 when I went to UNC-Wilmington
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m trying to jump the border myself. NE NC is where I work so I would like to move there too.

VA has passed the line than NC will unfortunately be looking at in a few more years.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m trying to jump the border myself. NE NC is where I work so I would like to move there too.

VA has passed the line than NC will unfortunately be looking at in a few more years.
View Quote

Ayup, I’m afraid it won’t be long. If I wasn’t so rooted down I’d be looking at TN hard. Still may end up there in 20yrs when I retire.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree, NC is only a few years behind VA.... NE NC is still a decent area, but the housing market is starting to be a little insane, especially around Moyock. E-City isn't bad. You guys know of any public places to go shoot around this area? Used to be able to shoot in the "desert" past Walmart but I believe those days are gone.
Always looking for some new shooting buddies/ like minded folks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Moved here from Central Florida in 89, It's damn near as bad here now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
NC will be solid blue in another two election cycles unless something miraculous happens. Seems really basic to me, you hate where you live so you move somewhere you perceive to be better. Then you turn around and vote in the same dumbass policies and people who made where you came from a sh*thole. I’m sure someone will be along to correct me shortly (8th generation) North Carolinian.
View Quote

I agree and said the same thing but got edited and a nasty gram
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#24]
This is a year for a grass root effort to force the Rinos to push for charges in the election system.. Follow the lines of the elector college. Any official going to be elected that has more than one county as the option aka the governor lt gov etc.. will get one vote per county.. the popular vote of that county will only give one vote towards electing the official.

This way the smaller counties non large population centers have the fair say in the election.. just like the electoral college was setup for small vs large states.

This dumps the blue advantage and vote stuffing in the blue areas..

and for prez etc if have 20 electoral votes divide that by how many counties you have and got you votes.

if not the whole county will go blue.. look at the 15 state that just went for all votes for the popular vote CO was that state.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Definitely understand the Yankee hate.  I'm a NYC transplant and chose to live in York county because I can see NC easily going blue.  Retarded to flee someplace and then vote for the exact same policies that ruined where you came from .  We at least offset some of those votes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Though I grew up in NJ, moved to Miami for 10 years then started my family in western NC, I’ve resented the term half back. My home for 18 years now, I’ve always belonged here. The southern lifestyle, hunting, fishing, my lunatic redneck friends, the common sense of independence and self responsibility has cemented my choice to live here ever since.

By no means are northern transplants all bad. My brothers and sisters are bound by their careers and the responsibility of caring for our parents in NJ. They abhor the liberal tentacles of government and there are plenty of like minded conservative 2A loving, gun toting, family first, patriots up north. Try not to immediately pass judgement based on one’s northern accent or license plate.

Long live ARFCOM
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Lol funny you should mention license plates, I’ve noticed a trend here in WNC as of late. Seems a lot of New Yorkers seem to keep their front NY plate on the front of their vehicle. Want to blend in? Glad you escaped communist policies and governing? Probably not the way to advertise.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I would imagine that anyone reading this forum would have more in common with native NCers than leftists in their home state.  I would also think that native NCers would want MORE 2a supporting conservatives to countrract the leftist scum that are destroying the country.  That said, I was born and raised in rural upstate NY (which likely has alot in common with rural NC) and I may be moving to NC in 2022 with my family.  If we do make it there you can bet your ass we will try to keep it RED!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok first the bad news. I was born and raised in California. Now the good news. It was central California, which was and still is a red part of the state. For the most part. Looks like my home county has gone blue ??

In 1998 I moved to WVa, a mostly blue Democratic state made up of mostly conservative people. They think and act red, for the most part....

Moved to Topsail Island in 2017. Been glad to see it’s mostly Red. I hate to see how this state has been sliding blue. My wife and I have been doing our part to keep it red.

I have been on this forum for a long time so I guess you could tell that I am a big supporter of the Second Amendment. Always have been and always will be. My wife is the same way. We were married in 2015 and before we got married and right after we got engaged my first present to her was a handgun. She loved it and we try to shoot it as often as we can. A few months after we got married it was my birthday and she bought me a new handgun. A Glock 40, which is in my favorite handgun caliber of 10 mm.

We are going to be moving away from topsail Island and for a while we were seriously considering East Texas. Both of my parents were born and raised in Texas and I still have a bunch of cousins in that area. But then we found out just how bad the humidity can be in East Texas. So now we’re thinking the greater Asheville area, over towards Lake Lure.

No matter where we wind up we will be strong supporters of the second.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top