Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2020 8:45:33 PM EDT
I know there was at least one arfcommer that voted for him because Bevin said mean things.  Andy Beshear snubbed gun owners when we had the 2nd Amendment Rally but he came out to meet and greet with these people.  I respect their right to expression.  What is disappointing is the obvious priorities of the Governors.  Has anyone ever seen an extreme liberal politician support gun rights?  I haven't.  So for the people that voted for Beshear I hope you are happy, especially since he screwed over the education board and isn't fully funding teacher pensions.  As Trump said "you knew I was a snake when you took me in" and now the rest of us suffer.

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know there was at least one arfcommer that voted for him because Bevin said mean things.  Andy Beshear snubbed gun owners when we had the 2nd Amendment Rally but he came out to meet and greet with these people.  I respect their right to expression.  What is disappointing is the obvious priorities of the Governors.  Has anyone ever seen an extreme liberal politician support gun rights?  I haven't.  So for the people that voted for Beshear I hope you are happy, especially since he screwed over the education board and isn't fully funding teacher pensions.  As Trump said "you knew I was a snake when you took me in" and now the rest of us suffer.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/680/kygov-1286657.jpg
View Quote
People voted against Bevin for many reasons and some had valid reasons for doing so.  I was disappointed in Bevin but still voted for him
Last year.    If the Republicans run a decent candidate they should be able to beat Beshear next election.

Beshear cannot get shit done concerning legislation so there is no real threat there.

If you want to be mad be angry at Bevin for screwing up what should have been a slam duck re-election.  Bevin lost because of Bevin.

He has only himself to blame.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Beshear cannot get shit done concerning legislation so there is no real threat there.
View Quote
Legislation isn't the only thing that operates the government.  I can assure you that Beshear has already made sweeping changes that will affect everyone and will continue to do so for 4 years.  He gets to appoint judges and choose the senior leadership for every state agency.  Have you forgotten that Beshear already restored voting rights to 140,000 felons?  There are lots of extreme liberal actions he can take outside of legislation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Legislation isn't the only thing that operates the government.  I can assure you that Beshear has already made sweeping changes that will affect everyone and will continue to do so for 4 years.  He gets to appoint judges and choose the senior leadership for every state agency.  Have you forgotten that Beshear already restored voting rights to 140,000 felons?  There are lots of extreme liberal actions he can take outside of legislation.  
View Quote
You are correct in that he restored the voting rights of ex felons.  But historically it has made little difference in elections.   Most do not vote even when restored.

Judges are elected in this state.  When a vacancy exists he can fill the slot until the next election for that Judge.  May or May not be a big deal

And Bevin appointed the most liberal Justice secretary in my lifetime over the most conservative cabinet in state government.

He lost a lot of votes over that.   Secretary Tilley was so liberal even the current Justice secretary has gone right of him.

And Bevin restored a lot of felons voting rights when he was Governor.   He just made them submit an application.  He approved most that did.

I am no fan of Beshear and I hope his administration is a failure and his a one term Governor.    But once again Bevin lost because of Bevin

Republicans swept the rest of the state offices by large margins.  That is telling.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Also it appears the legislature is trying to make in roads into the power of the Governor this session

There is a bill to make the Governor select a candidate from a board for the Secretary of Transportation and the senate must approve his selection

This one is gaining traction.

I would not be surprised if they eventually do this for all cabinet positions

And I believe there is a bill that makes ex felons have to do some more paperwork into order to be Registered to vote.

We will see if they pass.   If so it will start the process of limiting the Governors power even more.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
^This can be potentially good, or, sadly and most likely, abused.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Beshear has already removed the work requirement for public assistance and is in the process of bringing back his Daddy's huge Obamacare website.
While he will be hamstrung by no cooperation in the House and Senate, don't tell me he can't further screw-up this state and reverse a lot of our progress.

It is truly a shame Bevin couldn't better regulate his comments.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

don't tell me he can't further screw-up this state and reverse a lot of our progress.
View Quote
He has already under funded the pension but not before he let his buddies spike their state pensions by giving them cushy high paying jobs.  The Republicans are working on preventing this as well with legislation.  Bevin would not let anyone in his cabinet engage in this practice but Beshear has no problem screwing over other state workers and the tax payers just like his daddy did.

Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Besmear would have to do an exceptionally good job to be re-elected. When he failed to fully fund the pension in his budget proposal he pretty much guaranteed he will be a one-term Governor IMO.

Bevin vs. Besmear was a pretty shitty choice. Arsenic vs cyanide.

EDIT: autocorrect changed Beshear to Besmear. I like it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#9]
#NotMyGovernor  
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I was almost convinced that he was doing a great job... then he closed down the bingo parlors

To think that some of the older folks in Pikeville look forward to playing bingo - and Abortion Andy shut it down.  He tried to warn them Tuesday.  They wouldn't comply with his suggestions... so he tried to help by making a ruling.  Now if he can just keep them from going to their grandchildrens' weddings... because we learned Monday that "if you have a wedding you ARE spreading the CoronaFlu"
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
At this point in time we have 89 deaths from the flu this year and 47 cases of corona.  One virus gets ignored while the other is used as an excuse to create executive orders that flexes government control over almost every little facet of our daily lives.

Of course all that is in addition to the Governor trying to take political advantage of the virus by demanding the Republican State Congress pass his budget as it was submitted and then adjourn killing all the bills they have been working on.  Beshear tried to the virus for political gain but we wouldn't expect anything less from a Democrat.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At this point in time we have 89 deaths from the flu this year and 47 cases of corona.  One virus gets ignored while the other is used as an excuse to create executive orders that flexes government control over almost every little facet of our daily lives.

Of course all that is in addition to the Governor trying to take political advantage of the virus by demanding the Republican State Congress pass his budget as it was submitted and then adjourn killing all the bills they have been working on.  Beshear tried to the virus for political gain but we wouldn't expect anything less from a Democrat.
View Quote
The legislature basically told him to stay out of their business and they would make the determination when they leave

He is learning the hard way like most Governors do in this state that when it comes to legislation or the legislature he has very little power or say so

Never ceases to amaze me that Governors in this state think it is going to be any different when they are Governor.  You would think they would learn by now
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I was watching him today, his hands look like the hardest thing he’s ever done with them is fasten the Velcro on his shoes. What a pampered looking cock face.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

People voted against Bevin for many reasons and some had valid reasons for doing so.  I was disappointed in Bevin but still voted for him
Last year.    If the Republicans run a decent candidate they should be able to beat Beshear next election.  

If you want to be mad be angry at Bevin for screwing up what should have been a slam duck re-election.  Bevin lost because of Bevin.

He has only himself to blame.
View Quote

Bevins lost because Libertarians wasted their vote!
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Beshear created a snitch on your neighborhood hotline.

Governor Beshear announced residents can report businesses that are open that are not practicing social distancing and the necessary hygiene steps.
Residents here in the Metro can dial 3-1-1 to make a report for those not complying with the social distancing policy.

https://www.wave3.com/2020/03/23/governor-beshear-announces-covid-report-hotline/
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Let’s just open everything up so we can end up like NYC.

Sounds like damn fine plan.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Let’s just open everything up so we can end up like NYC.

Sounds like damn fine plan.
View Quote

Why does it have to be EVERYTHING closed or EVERYTHING open? Are those the only two options you can see as possible? Why is it safe for a person to work at Kroger but unsafe to work at a dept. store? Would a person working at a dept. store be more likely to catch or spread the virus than the Kroger worker? Do we need to close all the stores in Montana just like we have done in NYC? Do you think opening stores in Montana would automatically and immediately turn that state into NYC? Do you think it would be unsafe to buy a pair of shoes from a store in Mortons Gap, Ky.? What are my chances of catching/spreading the virus if I go to 10 stores in a town where there are no infected people?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why does it have to be EVERYTHING closed or EVERYTHING open? Are those the only two options you can see as possible? Why is it safe for a person to work at Kroger but unsafe to work at a dept. store? Would a person working at a dept. store be more likely to catch or spread the virus than the Kroger worker? Do we need to close all the stores in Montana just like we have done in NYC? Do you think opening stores in Montana would automatically and immediately turn that state into NYC? Do you think it would be unsafe to buy a pair of shoes from a store in Mortons Gap, Ky.? What are my chances of catching/spreading the virus if I go to 10 stores in a town where there are no infected people?
View Quote

Clearly the only sensible thing to do is all hide in our basements and wring our hands until the government tells us we can go back to living out lives.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the not the point. Sick people can travel outside of the hot areas. Say someone travels from NYC to small town USA, and it spreads.

The point is to get as much of the population to lessen contact till it burns out. My ass is still working, I have to be and I understand why. If we fail and hospitals start dropping connections, more people will die.

Random 1-10% chance of the population to die is not worth money to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Random 1-10% chance of the population to die is not worth money to me.
View Quote

That is because your numbers suck and are not based on reality.  The infection in rate Italy, you know the place where the media makes it sound like 50% of the country is sick and dying, their infection rate is 0.13% of their population.  They have a 92% recovery rate over there.  That means the death rate in Italy is 0.01%.  Then here you are blabbering on about 1% to 10% chance of death.  Italy would need to be 100 times worse to get to your low number 1%.  How about you educate yourself on the facts and try again.

The infection rate in Kentucky is 0.0055%.  We have a 98% recovery rate.  Your chance of death from Coronoavirus in Kentucky is 0.0001%.  But lets destroy the entire states economy because of it!

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Actually lets stop even worrying about how many infected people there are. Let's worry about how many cases need hospitalization and how many cases end in death.

It is irrelevant if we have 250,000 infected if only 1000 require hospital stays and only 7340 die. I agree I don't wish death on anyone, but it is insane to cripple our country for fewer deaths than the annual vehicular death toll. However if 75,000 required hospitalization and 15,000 died, we would likely need to rethink our approach. We really need to get some accurate numbers so we can treat this threat appropriately.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Actually lets stop even worrying about how many infected people there are. Let's worry about how many cases need hospitalization and how many cases end in death.

It is irrelevant if we have 250,000 infected if only 1000 require hospital stays and only 7340 die. I agree I don't wish death on anyone, but it is insane to cripple our country for fewer deaths than the annual vehicular death toll. However if 75,000 required hospitalization and 15,000 died, we would likely need to rethink our approach. We really need to get some accurate numbers so we can treat this threat appropriately.
View Quote

Vehicle deaths are not contagious and therefore not comparable. We can't wait until 75,000 people require hospitalization to act. By then it will be too late. By then the rate of infection will be uncontrollable. We know from what has happened in China and Italy what will happen at different levels of infection. It could become VERY relevant if we have 250,000 people infected. We know what comes next and it isn't good. The only thing to do is get it under control early. If we get through this and say, "Oh shit, we overreacted", that would be great but if we say, "Oh shit, we should have acted sooner and more aggressively", that will be a disaster. No sensible person would take that risk.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Doubled... sorry, I blame the Coronas... wait... West 6th IPA(s) actually
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bevins lost because Libertarians wasted their vote!
View Quote

Bevin lost because he is a dick...

But yes... so are the Libertarians that didn't vote or threw their vote away...
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Doubled... sorry, I blame the Coronas... wait... West 6th IPA(s) actually
View Quote

Yeah, West 6th are some *NASTY* things... even the beer cheese is nasty. How do you fuck up beer cheese? Those dildos have figured it out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#27]
West 6th IPA is delicious and easily my favorite IPA.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Another reason Bevin lost was because Beshear BRIBED all the teachers with the promise of a $2,000 raise.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Y’all need to drink better beer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Thank you for supporting my friend's family business.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

DH?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top