Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2018 10:24:50 AM EDT
Hoping someone local up there can help me out.  I have a pending Class 3 transfer with an Orlando dealer and they apparently have gone MIA....?  I've been trying to get in touch with them for a few weeks and have been leaving messages on their phone as it immediately goes to V mail. I didn't think too much of it, though it was aggravating, until a buddy showed me a posting on FB. Apparently back in May they had some business hiccups, posted about it and that was also their last post.

Now I'm wondering what's going on. If anyone is in the neighborhood and could check to see if these guys are still in business it would be greatly appreciated. Their web site is also dead

The Arms Room LLC
19048 E COLONIAL DR ORLANDO, FL 32820

(407) 282-3803

Update: I received a call today, 19 July, from the owner and he has my MG. The storefront is no longer at that location but apparently he's still in business. Hopefully this is resolved in the near future. Many thanks to all of you who emailed and IM'd with offers to help.  I really appreciate that.

Here's the FB post that was sent to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit man, sorry to hear about that. I've dealt with TAR a few times, once by choice and twice by someone else's choice despite my warnings. I've never had a good interaction with them, they were always pricks. Per the advice in your GD thread: sic the ATF on them and jam them as hard as you can manage.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks,  I know the feeling.  Call the ATF Orlando field office - ask to make an appointment to speak with the supervisor.  Bring all your documentation.  $20 says they are aware of the situation already- These are good people who helped me get my can back from a crooked dealer:

Orlando Group II (Industry Operations)

Area Supervisor
3452 Lake Lynda Drive, Suite 450
Orlando, Florida 32817
Voice: (407) 384-2420

Fax:  (407) 384-2421
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That sucks,  I know the feeling.  Call the ATF Orlando field office - ask to make an appointment to speak with the supervisor.  Bring all your documentation.  $20 says they are aware of the situation already- These are good people who helped me get my can back from a crooked dealer:

Orlando Group II (Industry Operations)

Area Supervisor
3452 Lake Lynda Drive, Suite 450
Orlando, Florida 32817
Voice: (407) 384-2420

Fax:  (407) 384-2421
View Quote
Good info.

I've been in your shoes and it SUCKS. One thing to keep in mind, when I spoke to the Orlando office, although helpful and really nice, they're pretty much clueless about NFA items and paperwork. I'd guess they mostly handle FFL regulatory stuff. They would have to call the NFA branch, and even at that, they provided me with incorrect information. NOT saying that it was intentional but I just don't think that they're aware of the NFA process. My issue was related to a can in jail at an FFL that was going out of business. Although they said that they would "fast track" it, I waited long enough for it to be at the top of the stack anyways. I ended up working directly with the NFA branch on this issue and they were actually very pleasant to deal with. I eventually got my stamp and can but it took about 2 years. Good luck!
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
The plot thickens with this guy.....

- Former OCSO Deputy.  18 complaints filed against him and finally fired for filing a false report in 1998

- Civil judgement against him in 2017 for back rent and theft of 2 air conditioning units from the rental space

- Evicted in April of '18.

All communications to him have gone unanswered. I have left multiple V mails on the "work" phone, all unanswered. I have also called and left V mails on what I believe to be his personal cell phone as well as 2 texts. All communications are unanswered. A member here has offered to do a drive by to confirm the place is opened/closed.

Spoke to NFA branch last Friday. The form 4, transferring the weapon to me, was approved in March and sent to him.  They are also sending another copy to me.  So based on this info, as well as his failure to contact me, I'm assuming he's got some very serious issues.

The bottom line is that I believe that at this point he's illegally in possession of my machine gun. I had a similar issue about 10 years ago with a suppressor that had been approved and the dealer "never could find time"  to transfer it to me. This went on for about 3 months and finally I got the ATF involved. I seem to remember that they were of the opinion as well that he illegally was in possession as it no longer was being transferred and was my property, assigned to me.

So we'll see where this goes. The bottom line is that there is a Machine Gun, in my name, floating around somewhere out there. At this point it doesn't look like a misunderstanding but rather criminal intent.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The plot thickens with this guy.....

- Former OCSO Deputy.  18 complaints filed against him and finally fired for filing a false report in 1998

- Civil judgement against him in 2017 for back rent and theft of 2 air conditioning units from the rental space

- Evicted in April of '18.
View Quote
How does someone with any type of bad LE background and a theft get a Class III license?  Im a total newb when it comes to the machine gun game in the civilian world so maybe I am missing something.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How does someone with any type of bad LE background and a theft get a Class III license?  Im a total newb when it comes to the machine gun game in the civilian world so maybe I am missing something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your comment illuminates an issue with LE, particularly local PDs and SOs.  Due to the fact that the individual officers and deputies are indemnified under law they are not held criminally responsible unless a very high bar is met.  The responsibility instead, rests with the local government. On one level this makes sense as the officer is acting in an official capacity. The problem is that individual officers are aware that generally the worst that can happen  is that they're fired.  In his case he pursued a person, caused his death and then lied to cover it up. He wasn't charged with any crime, just fired as this is in the County's best interest in terms of being sued.  In layman's terms the County makes this go away to lessen the impact of the law suit. Happens all the time.

That being the case I'm sure ATF had no visibility on this when he applied for his FFL and SOT.  The civil theft suit just happened last Dec.

Here's the suit that caused his dismissal.

April 25, 1998|By Pedro Ruz Gutierrez of The Sentinel Staff
The family of a motorcyclist killed last year by a driver who was fleeing from an Orange County deputy sheriff filed a wrongful-death lawsuit Friday against the Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Kevin Beary was named in the suit filed by the family of Eddie Pepin in U.S. District Court. Also named was former Deputy Michael Piwowarski, who lost his job last summer after an agency investigation found he lied about pursuing a teen driver who caused the death of Pepin, 49.

Joseph Bryant, 16, fled after running a stop sign and hitting Pepin's motorbike at Lee Road and North Orange Blossom Trail on March 30, 1997. Sheriff's investigators concluded that the deputy continued to follow Bryant even after he told dispatchers and a supervisor that he had ended it.

In the suit, relatives of Pepin allege Piwowarski displayed negligence, disregard and carelessness by not following sheriff's rules on traffic pursuits. Those rules prohibit chases in cases involving misdemeanors or traffic violations.

Orlando attorney Raymond Bodiford, who represents Bryant's family, accuses Beary of keeping Piwowarski on the job long after it should have been obvious that he posed a threat to public safety.

Examples of his misconduct include a 1994 written reprimand for failing to notify his supervisor of an incomplete grand-theft report, according to documents filed in federal court. He also received a 20-hour suspension without pay after frisking female suspects in the absence of other deputies.

The suit further states that Piwowarski was not disciplined in two physical and oral abuse cases, and that superiors also failed to punish him for divulging information about another deputy's internal investigation.

Piwowarski was fired for lying, falsifying records and violating the sheriff's pursuit policy, said Deputy Miguel Pagan.

Pagan, a sheriff's spokesman, declined to comment Friday on the lawsuit, saying the agency does not comment about legal actions against it.

The internal affairs investigation that resulted in Piwowarski's dismissal was the 18th complaint or inquiry filed against Piwowarski since he became a deputy in 1992, Pagan said.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Your update is great news. I too am a customer of The Arms Room and I just recently picked up a class3 item on 7/19/18. The owner (Mike) is still around, he has just inexplicably been very hard to get ahold of the past few months. From what I could see, all customers guns and suppressors look to be safe and sound in the big double door gun safe they had at the old store. The owner apparently had to close up shop, Earl moved on to another job, and Mike moved all the stuff to a shared space with another FFL/SOT in the same building.

If there are any other customers needing to get ahold of him, please email me and I will get you in touch with the owner Mike. Please do not IM as I don't get notified of new IM's for some reason.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top