Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2021 12:19:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]

ORS 433.416

snipit:
An employer of a health care worker at risk of contracting an infectious disease in the course of employment shall provide to the worker preventive immunization for infectious disease if such preventive immunization is available and is medically appropriate.
(2)Such preventive immunization shall be provided by the employer at no cost to the worker.
(3)A worker shall not be required as a condition of work to be immunized under this section, unless such immunization is otherwise required by federal or state law, rule or regulation. [1989 c.949 §3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ORS 433.416

snipit:
An employer of a health care worker at risk of contracting an infectious disease in the course of employment shall provide to the worker preventive immunization for infectious disease if such preventive immunization is available and is medically appropriate.
(2)Such preventive immunization shall be provided by the employer at no cost to the worker.
(3)A worker shall not be required as a condition of work to be immunized under this section, unless such immunization is otherwise required by federal or state law, rule or regulation. [1989 c.949 §3]
View Quote

Thanks, It sounds like this law is only aimed towards health care workers, but not applicable to other industries.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks, It sounds like this law is only aimed towards health care workers, but not applicable to other industries.
View Quote

If you want to fit it, its a starting point. With a lawyer, multiple people and a civil case.  But a start none the less.  Hard to argue when the law states what it does for HEALTH care workers, that a non-health care field would hold the same.

Although I dont know where dictator Brown is at, at the moment with mandates.  I escaped to another dictator sadly after the Army moved me to CO.  Try and creep through the OR thread every now and again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 2:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I work corrections and that law specifically prevents them from mandating any vaccine as terms of my employment. However i guess Brown shirt is legally allowed to make an EO saying otherwise? It makes no sense to me and i know a lot of other state workers are trying to fight for our right to choose to get the vax or not.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

This does not apply to current Covid issues. The Covid vaccines are already free to the public so an employer is not required to provide them if you want them.

This is for things like Hepatitis shots. For example, Many garbage companies and businesses that work around transients offer Hepatitis shots to their workers for free. So if you are a worker and there is a possible exposure to a disease that there is a vaccine for at your job, the employee must offer it for free if you want it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Corrections here too. My wife and I are both state workers. I was on the fence about the vaccine. I was in the wait and see mode like so many others. It is wrong to make people take this thing, let alone so fast after the rubber stamp of the pfizer shot. I have pulled resources  in medical fields asking how bad the hospitals are. I hear a lot of them are at or near capacity. However they have reduced capacity before the second round of covid hitting Oregon, so take that for what you will. I have a hospital source that clams estimated 80 percent are Latinos, most do not speak English.  It is suspected they are the ones that have shipped to Oregon by our great party leader xiden's open boarder policy. I cannot confirm any of the statements above so take it with a warning.

I personally struggle between my morality and sovereignty vs roof over head and food in the belly. I know a lot people are in this situation. They will take your vacation( you can only cash in 40 hrs in the rest is gone), your hazard pay promised for working during the lockdown (if entitled) and unemployment. This leaves you without any means to support your household  and for my family if we both stand we lose it all. I'm 6 years from retirement. In my profession I'm at right at the age where if I was start again I could get passed over because of my age.

I
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also police, fire, corrections and Probation officers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top