Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 10:50:31 AM EDT
Let the games begin.  COVID Passports are inbound.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File
The Governor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Went to Costco at PDX, nearly 50% of the folks weren't wearing masks.  The staff never checked for anything other than my Costco Card.  Even through Kroger says masks are still required, Fred Meyer has given up what little mask enforcement there is on both sides of the Columbia River.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to Costco at PDX, nearly 50% of the folks weren't wearing masks.  The staff never checked for anything other than my Costco Card.  Even through Kroger says masks are still required, Fred Meyer has given up what little mask enforcement there is on both sides of the Columbia River.
View Quote
Interesting. I went to Costco yesterday as well (in Hillsboro) and I was one out of maybe 5 customers not wearing a mask, though I saw several employees without one.

I wonder how they are going to do the "passports" or if the .gov will just give up on that?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Latest news says they are going to tell businesses they have to check people's vax cards.

Seems like a HIPPA violation to me.  Also, way to easy to make a fake vax card.  And businesses interviewed are already complaining they won't put their employees in the position of collecting customer medical info and will just continue with the mask-mandate.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2021/05/oregon-businesses-likely-will-need-to-review-covid-19-vaccination-cards-for-maskless-entry-by-customers.html
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Latest news says they are going to tell businesses they have to check people's vax cards.

Seems like a HIPPA violation to me.  Also, way to easy to make a fake vax card.  And businesses interviewed are already complaining they won't put their employees in the position of collecting customer medical info and will just continue with the mask-mandate.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2021/05/oregon-businesses-likely-will-need-to-review-covid-19-vaccination-cards-for-maskless-entry-by-customers.html
View Quote

I won’t go into a store that requires a face diaper at this point. Fuck ‘em.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

First, it is HIPAA.

Second, I've heard of people just grabbing pics off Google images to their smartphone and just flashing it as they enter, if requested.

Kate Brown is such a fuck up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not even remotely a HIPAA violation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Need to keep the panic and upheaval rolling.  This latest bid to turn business owners into vax passport cops just shows how desperate queen Kate is getting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Have to admit this is a bit of a stroke of genius.  Brown is able to defund the police by forcing business owners to develop procedures to enforce her laws.  Have to respect her thinking the same way you have to respect the fact that there is stench around an open toilet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone actually had a business owner demand vax paperwork prior to you trying to enter unmasked?
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone actually had a business owner demand vax paperwork prior to you trying to enter unmasked?
View Quote

Yes, Planet Fitness
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes, Planet Fitness
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Planet Fitness

Is that part of your membership agreement?
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Is that part of your membership agreement?
View Quote

Their business, their rules.  They don't want to piss off Kate and this is not even remotely a HIPPA violation.

All they needed was for me to hold up my phone with a picture of a piece of paper, to satisfy
"Kate's Law".  They didn't touch it or read it.  I heard Home Depot has the same policy.

Yeah I know FREEDOM and shit like that, but this is OR.  Play the game or take your ball, stamp your foot, pout, and go home.

I'm in and out of medical facilities all day.  I just deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#15]

If a savvy graphic designer altered those logos so they're not the .gov registered ones but could pass for them at a distance, one could potentially avoid any legal ramifications.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If a savvy graphic designer altered those logos so they're not the .gov registered ones but could pass for them at a distance, one could potentially avoid any legal ramifications.
View Quote

You don't even need to alter the logos, just remove them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top