Link Posted: 7/24/2018 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Get ready to help collect signatures...
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I e-mailed OFF to express my disappointment that this doesn't go further, as it throws NFA items and bump stocks under the bus by name. Apparently it was crafted by a committee of Fudds :(

That said, it's better than a poke in the eye and I'd be willing to collect signatures for it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I e-mailed OFF to express my disappointment that this doesn't go further, as it throws NFA items and bump stocks under the bus by name. Apparently it was crafted by a committee of Fudds :(

That said, it's better than a poke in the eye and I'd be willing to collect signatures for it.
View Quote
It doesn't throw them under the bus it just doesn't offer them the extra protection. When this act passes the freedom haters would still need to actively work to ban bump stocks and NFA items. Those are pretty small targets to get them all worked up and it's doubtful they would bother at the ballot box.

This was crafted by serious people who understand the law and understand the electorate in Oregon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This was crafted by serious people who understand the law and understand the electorate in Oregon.
View Quote
This was crafted by people who are giving up without trying. It's weak and sad. Have confidence in our side being the right one.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This was crafted by people who are giving up without trying. It's weak and sad. Have confidence in our side being the right one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kevin Starrett is doing more for Oregonians' gun rights than most, you should read his thoughts on it: http://www.oregonfirearms.org/firearms-protection-ballot-measure-filed-2

I don't personally know Starrett, and some of his past Farcebook posts were very unfortunate and counterproductive, but I trust him.

FAQ's on the bill from the people who sponsored it:https://www.commonfirearms.com/faq.php

I get where you are coming from LittleOregon, my knee jerk reaction when I first read the bill was similar to yours, but I couldn't disagree with you more. It is most definitely not "weak and sad." It is simple and streamlined, crafted to pass in a state rapidly turning anti-gun, and then holding up to judicial scrutiny. I fail to see how all of the work they have put in, and will be putting in is "giving up without trying". You want the moon, and you are not going to get it here in Oregon.

I am constantly writing letters to reps, making phone calls, engaging in social media, and once in a blue moon I will attend a rally. I reach out to new shooters when I can, and try to educate the ignorant when they will listen. I support this bill.

I think you object to the exclusive language throwing machine guns and bump stocks under the bus. My first reaction was to question why they even put it in there.... but then I took the time to find out why Common Firearms put that language in the bill. Have confidence in others working to further your rights in this political shithole of a state, until they give you reason not to.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have confidence in others working to further your rights in this political shithole of a state, until they give you reason not to.
View Quote
Edit: mine wasn't a very helpful post
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the current status?  What happened?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
http://egov.sos.state.or.us/elec/web_irr_search.record_detail?p_reference=20200008..LSCYYY.

It's moving forward to appear on the November 2020 ballot.

However I will offer the prediction right now that it will not pass.  In fact, I'm quite confident it will get crushed.  I would love for someone to come back in two years, dredge up this thread, and point-and-laugh at me for being wrong... but that ain't gonna happen.

In the meantime, the D-supermajority legislature will send one or more pieces of gun-control legislation to the D-governor, and she will sign all of it.

(And there will be at least one teacher's union rep at the signing ceremony)
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
However I will offer the prediction right now that it will not pass.  In fact, I'm quite confident it will get crushed.
View Quote
Agreed, the usual suspects will kneejerk vote against it and the Fudd language will alienate the group that should be its strongest supporters. It'll be Knute Buehler all over again.

Even if it was enacted, it would probably be ignored anyway the same as the fed and OR 2A currently are. As I said, it's just a sad thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top