Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2020 11:31:54 AM EDT
Anyone titled and registered a vehicle using this method during COVID? How were the wait times? Is there any way to check status?

Thanks!

So door to door for my title took about 41 days. I am still waiting on the registration. Only way to check status on either of these things was certified and check cashing status.

I also updated my address recently and ordered a new drivers license last Sunday. They mailed my new card yesterday.

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have, it took awhile (about a month!) for them to cash the check, but once they did I got registration and title within a week.  Never checked on status, don't know if they have anything to do that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have, it took awhile (about a month!) for them to cash the check, but once they did I got registration and title within a week.  Never checked on status, don't know if they have anything to do that.
View Quote

Thanks. Did they send the response certified? I suspect not.

Really nervous about sending titles through the mail.

Also, you're supposed to calculate your own fees. I wonder what they do if you get them wrong....
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also, you're supposed to calculate your own fees. I wonder what they do if you get them wrong....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Response?  Lol.  I figured the lost it and I was fucked until I finally saw the check clear.  Title and registration were sent separately, neither was certified.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Are they still checking vins on out of state vehicles when you title them here?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are they still checking vins on out of state vehicles when you title them here?
View Quote

I believe so, but they do VIN checks by APPT only.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I drove by my dmv and asked. They'll check vin, fill out their portion that it was verified.   i would then mail the stuff to Salem with payment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top