Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2018 11:31:39 AM EDT
Hey quick question I was wondering how many of y'all heard about this

http://www.kgw.com/article/news/local/oregon-initiative-would-ban-assault-weapons-require-owners-to-surrender-certain-guns/283-530640255
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably just about everyone in the Portland media market if they watch any local TV news or listen to any local radio news and/or talk stations, which includes me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I was talking with someone today and they said that in order for this to get on the ballot this year, they will need over 100,000 signatures.  Should be interesting to see what happens if this is true.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the article said 88,000 or so.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was talking with someone today and they said that in order for this to get on the ballot this year, they will need over 100,000 signatures.  Should be interesting to see what happens if this is true.
View Quote
That's only 1/6 of Portland.  Should be no problem for them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Old news. thread on ARF GD.  It is pure confiscation!!!  Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Pure confiscation?

Let’s get this party started.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just chimed in on the Oregon Page.  They’re best bet is to begin an Inititive of their own banning all new restrictions..   That’s the only way to fight this before Asshat Bloomberg dumps them with loads of cash.   We will be Next!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck them if they get it passed, grow some balls and say NO!
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
We got screwed by the 583  Inititive becausevif bloomberg. I’m sure he will show up there.  This is too close to home to ignore.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I expect a carbon copy initiative to be proposed in WA.  The left coast is being destroyed by the liberals in the Seattle- Olympia corridor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 3:20:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I expect a carbon copy initiative to be proposed in WA.  The left coast is being destroyed by the liberals in the Seattle- Olympia corridor.
View Quote
NAILED IT...

Get ready for a fight this time around... Its going to get ugly for us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NAILED IT...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
NAILED IT...

Knowing that the deck is stacked against us and the outcome likely  already rigged...

The question needs to be asked and debated.

What do we do if we lose?

What is "Plan B"?

The Liberals have to be noticing the mass exodus of Conservative productive-class people and businesses leaving Kommiefornia for other (more Conservative) parts of the country due to the failed policies they've enacted and the continuing failure of the Kommiefornia economy as a result.

Pushing a repeat of the same failed policies in Oregon and Washington will doubtlessly accomplish the same thing in due time.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to love about this state.
Though I was born on Germany while my father was deployed in the Army, I am a third-generation native on my father's side.

Being 54 years old and a little set in my ways, leaving Washington would suck, but I am willing to do so.

I am unwilling to live in a repeat of the Kommiefornia disaster.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm staying. I'll keep trying to get others to see why what I believe in is important. I've bailed from two states already due to their legislatures and other things. I like it here. I wouldn't mind dieing here, from very old age of course.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#14]
WA born and raised. I've pretty much made up my mind that it's only a matter of time before I want to move. It's cross my mind for years now, but the last 6 months have really pushed to make it happen. Somewhere out in the 4-6 year range probably. I'm strongly leaning toward Idaho if I can get a decent job. It's hard though, I have an awesome job, family, a house, kid on the way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I personally think it would be easier to fight for Our rights NOW, worry about moving later.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I personally think it would be easier to fight for Our rights NOW, worry about moving later.
View Quote
I'm in for the fight, but fuck.... we need to win some state elections.  Otherwise.........it is over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#17]
The numbers are not in our favor, the writing is on the wall. Tyranny of the majority, or a democracy, call it what you want to, but the majority of voters in this state are turning it in to what they want it to be, not what I want it to be. I do what I can, but I must at least have a plan for myself. It's not just "gun rights" either. I'm ready for change.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Born and raised in this state, 51 years and counting, never broke any laws, always tried to do My part, this what I get!

I agree with you on just about all of it, but there are still just enough of us law abiding "Hicks" in this state, that we just might be able to make it a run for their money.

If you do not try, you will lose for sure. I can see them going for all of it, and pushing more then a few people away for now. That is all we need for starters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Knowing that the deck is stacked against us and the outcome likely  already rigged...

The question needs to be asked and debated.

What do we do if we lose?

What is "Plan B"?

The Liberals have to be noticing the mass exodus of Conservative productive-class people and businesses leaving Kommiefornia for other (more Conservative) parts of the country due to the failed policies they've enacted and the continuing failure of the Kommiefornia economy as a result.

Pushing a repeat of the same failed policies in Oregon and Washington will doubtlessly accomplish the same thing in due time.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to love about this state.
Though I was born on Germany while my father was deployed in the Army, I am a third-generation native on my father's side.

Being 54 years old and a little set in my ways, leaving Washington would suck, but I am willing to do so.

I am unwilling to live in a repeat of the Kommiefornia disaster.
View Quote
I can assure you, they don't care. Every conservative business owner could leave the state tomorrow and it would still likely be carried by Amazon, Microsoft and Boeing alone.

When I've heard conservatives lament on public forums (incl Reddit), the response from liberals is generally "good, leave, it will just consolidate our power"

They especially hate anyone with this attitude from Eastern Washington, as the general belief of Washington liberals is that the rural east are a bunch of welfare collecting meth addict hicks, who couldn't survive without the taxation base of the greater Seattle area. The importance of the agriculture sector is completely ignored.

ironic when you see the hatred for poor white conservatives from the people who claim to be champions of the poor.

Now I'm not suggesting that anyone fight a losing battle. We aren't to that point yet. At some point we may be, and it may not be that far out. We have been starting to work on an exit plan to Montana. Shame, I have lived here all 34 years of my life, have significant family history in this state, and I will miss some parts of it - mostly east of the mountains, Puget Sound sucks. However I am very tired of feeling like a stranger in my own land, something that is relatively new and seems to have coincided with the latest tech boom.

Tech really has ruined this state, and I wish it never happened. I work in the tech industry but my job is in a very niche area and I would still be here if Microsoft and Amazon picked up and left tomorrow, and I wish they would.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm in for the fight, but fuck.... we need to win some state elections.  Otherwise.........it is over.
View Quote
We need Kennedy to step down & be replaced before Trump costs the GOP the Senate....

Federal intervention is the only thing that can protect our rights long-term.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top