Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2020 8:34:12 AM EDT
I ordered and received a mail-in ballot, but have decided that I want to vote in person.

What is the exact procedure that I must follow to do this?

Thanks.

(Delaware County)
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are registered to vote in your county then ignore the ballot and find your polling place.  Wife and I are doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are registered to vote in your county then ignore the ballot and find your polling place.  Wife and I are doing the same thing.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.

They won't have me in their ledger as being in receipt of a mail-in and deny me entry?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Not certain on this, but I thought I heard you had to bring the mail ballot with you to the polling place to surrender it (assuming for destruction) in order to vote in person if you had previously requested a mail-in ballot?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not certain on this, but I thought I heard you had to bring the mail ballot with you to the polling place to surrender it (assuming for destruction) in order to vote in person if you had previously requested a mail-in ballot?
View Quote

Yes, bring the mail in ballet to the polling place.  The PA.gov web site says bring the entire "package" that you received to the polling place.Edited because:  PA.gov website that you must bring the envelope  also that the mail in ballot was sent  in!!!.  Hope you saved it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I know someone who received a mail in ballot that he didn't request and just threw it out.  Sounds like he's SOL now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered and received a mail-in ballot, but have decided that I want to vote in person.

What is the exact procedure that I must follow to do this?

Thanks.

(Delaware County)
View Quote

Must take the return envelope,  the secrecy envelope and the ballot to the poll. Then you have to vote provisional,  which is a long paper form.

If you dont bring all of it, you cant vote...
Your name is on a list of recieving an absentee ballot.

My wife works the polls...

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply.

They won't have me in their ledger as being in receipt of a mail-in and deny me entry?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By :

Thanks for the reply.

@Voodoo17

See my reply.

You are on a list.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Must take the return envelope,  the secrecy envelope and the ballot to the poll. Then you have to vote provisional,  which is a long paper form.

View Quote

If you bring your entire mail-in package, are you sure you have to vote provisional?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you bring your entire mail-in package, are you sure you have to vote provisional?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I may have mis-interpreted what my wife said... anyway...

This is what it says on the VotesPA website.  What if I requested a mail-in or absentee ballot but I didn't receive a ballot, lost my ballot, or changed my mind and want to vote in-person?

If you already submitted a mail-in or absentee ballot, you cannot vote at your polling place on election day.
   If you did not return your mail-in or absentee ballot and you want to vote in person, you have two options:
       Bring your ballot and the pre-addressed outer return envelope to your polling place to be voided. After you surrender your ballot and envelope and sign a declaration, you can then vote a regular ballot.
       If you don't surrender your ballot and return envelope, you can only vote by provisional ballot at your polling place. Your county board of elections will then verify that you did not vote by mail before counting your provisional ballot.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top