Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/20/2021 2:39:03 PM EST
Alright, so I know Florida and Georgia have CCW reciprocity.

I have a Florida CCW.

When I visit in April, will that Florida CCW allow me to open carry?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:47:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By GreatDane:
Alright, so I know Florida and Georgia have CCW reciprocity.

I have a Florida CCW.

When I visit in April, will that Florida CCW allow me to open carry?
View Quote

I will defer to others who have been here longer.

However, I believe it will allow it as the Georgia License is a "Carry License" not a "Concealed Carry License".......  

That said, why advertise?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:50:03 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0627Devildog:
That said, why advertise?
View Quote

Just for the uniqueness of it. I've never open carried. I'll probably just go out for a meal, then go back to concealed carrying.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:46:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By GreatDane:

Just for the uniqueness of it. I've never open carried. I'll probably just go out for a meal, then go back to concealed carrying.
View Quote

Not hating on you at all.  A right unexercised,.....is quickly lost.  

Personally, I just don't like to advertise.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:59:42 PM EST
So you’re a FL resident....
As I understand reciprocity, you can carry with your FL CCW, WCL, FP or what ever FL calls their carry paper work in GA obeying GA laws.

Go to Georgiacarry.org and look under their FAQ’s for plain language and the written law.

But basically no magazine restrictions, no ammo restrictions, no duty to inform, your vehicle is considered an extension of your home...IMHO open carry is on you. Just make it a pearl handled, chromed 1911 in embossed leather holster.😉
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:17:17 PM EST
Double check the law but you should be good. When I was here before I became a resident (had Texas CHL) I know I could have OCed I just chose not to.

It’s weird. Gonna feel like you have your dick out. That said, get retention if you’re gonna
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By 7mm-08:Just make it a pearl handled, chromed 1911 in embossed leather holster.😉
View Quote

Almost spit out my beer......lol.  

After my response above I thought about what if any gun I would open cary and my Springfield TRP was the first thing that came to mind.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:26:51 PM EST
I'm well read in ga firearms law, though I'm no lawyer.

Yes you are good to open carry. Just be careful you don't venture into a bullshit gfz by accident. College campuses have essentially the only concealed carry verbage. The rest is going to be open OR concealed, or off limits.

I don't open carry often anymore, but when I do I make sure I'm in a open carry safe location. Note I didn't say open carry "friendly" location. They have become hard to find. Places like Kroger, Walmart, etc are legal to carry until they ask you to leave, in which case you will be tresspassed if you don't leave. I will occasionally carry at places like this, but look confident and not like a scum bag so I'm never bothered by staff. You'll run into the occasional ignorant person, which is really the main reason I ever open carry, but mostly you'll get compliments from other gun owners. Kids will spot it in a heartbeat, but most adults will not even notice. Those are my experiences at least. I also don't wear a mask and they may make people more comfortable? IDK, still use situational awareness.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:59:03 PM EST
...IMHO open carry is on you. Just make it a pearl handled, chromed 1911 in embossed leather holster...with the phrase Shoot Me First .😉
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:27:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By Fire4Fxt:
...IMHO open carry is on you. Just make it a pearl handled, chromed 1911 in embossed leather holster...with the phrase Shoot Me First .😉
View Quote

I've seen more OC in Georgia in the year I've lived here than the 3 years it was legal in Texas I lived there and the 22 years I lived in PA (legal there). Also a lot more "concealed in the loosest sense of the word" with the bottoms of kydex hanging out and shit.

also none of these OC people were shot. Even me when I do it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:29:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/27/2021 1:29:33 PM EST by GreatDane]
LOL, yeah, I'm not gonna be in Atlanta. Family has a cabin waaaaay out in the sticks.
Top Top