Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2021 3:33:04 PM EDT
ya i know there is a thread asking about locals getting CCW renewed but my situation is a little different.

5 yrs ago I use to work for a company that had a local office in LV and gave me free use of a car on each trip.  Well now i am working for a new company that doesn't have an office in NV at all.  

So renew my OoS permit i am going to have fly into NV (most likely LV) to take a class/shooting requirement.  If i have to go to NV, i am betting my GF will want to go to Vegas for shows and such (now that they are opening back up).  Also if i am going to go to the effort to go back to Vegas for the CCW class, then i think it will want to go full in and bring long guns and do some real distance shooting.

so first question:
i will probably bring some long guns and stamp items in a hard case.  i am thinking of talking to whoever i was going to take the CCW class and see if they will hold my guns for while i am there since i don't have a way to store them now (ie strip hotel room).  with this requirement, and since i will need to go to/from the shop by taxi to the strip, who would you suggest?  i think the class i took before was at discount firearms.

second question:
so since i no longer have a local car and most of the people i use to go out shooting with are no longer in the Vegas area, where is someplace good to go that i can take my own rifles and shoot out to 1000+ yards.  In the past, we use to just go out to BLM area and shoot there at distance.  I would be very open to doing that again actually.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
For your application, I would go to Nye County. While the guidance says you have to reapply with the same sheriff, Clark County has a horrible appointment program and it really hinders non-residents from applying.

There is plenty of BLM to get out and shoot in. I wouldn't get overly stressed about finding a spot, yet. Days of the week really matter as to what areas are busy.

As for the guns, locked case and that person doesn't have access. I wouldn't disclose what is in there and just see if you can temporarily store your cases at that location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top